Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jan 21, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #601 of 1,830
Agreed, based off when I'm reading the X7 is the better choice so far.

I have had both and I'd say otherwise, even without considering the EMI issues on X7, but that's down to preferences in terms of sound sig I guess

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #602 of 1,830
I have had both and I'd say otherwise, even without considering the EMI issues on X7, but that's down to preferences in terms of sound sig I guess

I'm really tempted to get the XDP David... But I keep hearing others say they have to use an external amp which is ridiculous at the price point. I can't see myself walking around with an external amp using the XDP

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #604 of 1,830
Don't know where you're from, but that issue only seems to apply to the EU version. My JP version has no shortage of power/volume.

I'm in Chicago.. Currently I'm using Shure SE 846 which is easy to push. How does the XDP do for HD650? Or any other large headphones

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #605 of 1,830
I'm really tempted to get the XDP David... But I keep hearing others say they have to use an external amp which is ridiculous at the price point. I can't see myself walking around with an external amp using the XDP

Well, I you get a EU version yes the  X7 is more powerful (100mW vs 75mW) and FiiO doesn't seem to respect EU regulations as much as Pioneer does. Keep in mind though that the 6dB attenuation will apply with KitKat with 3rd party app, something the Pioneer doesn't suffer from.

Don't know where you're from, but that issue only seems to apply to the EU version. My JP version has no shortage of power/volume.

I can attest to that now that I have the JP DP-X1, single ended it's rated same as XDP-100 and I am running volume much lower for same output (90/100 out of 160 on normal gain vs 120/130 on high gain with EU version).

I'm in Chicago.. Currently I'm using Shure SE 846 which is easy to push. How does the XDP do for HD650? Or any other large headphones

I don't have hard to drive headphones right now (my full sized are NightHawks 25ohms 100dB), can't say how a 300 ohm headphone would fare.

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #606 of 1,830
Can someone test using a 300ohm headphones please and report back?

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #608 of 1,830
It depends how much Onkyo decide to spend on advertising, if they run a two page spread in the mag it'll be an AK beater :wink:

Oh, you cynic. I actually had lunch and some beers with the What HiFi guys after a Reader Blind Listening test event. I couldn't help putting this very point to them that it's a widespread view. They seemed genuine denying it, but then you could say they would, wouldn't they!

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #609 of 1,830
Ok, I've loaded my 128 gig card with music but I'm finding that the music doesn't show up in the music folder the first time I open it. I usually get a message "music is not working, do you want to close it" or something similar. After closing and reopening then my music shows up. Anyone familiar with this issue?

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #610 of 1,830
Definitely interested in some more X7 comparisons.

I will be getting my xdp 100r on tueday.  It will be nice to have 2 micro sd slots.  One for my hi res music and one for my itunes library.  Unless there is a glaring issue, or a difference in sound quality, which i doubt I will be able to hear.  I will be sending the x7 back

Nik

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #612 of 1,830
also, did anyones iTunes playlists show up after synchronizing sd card after copying? I need playlists or just the folders to show up. Also Every other way of showing the music still lumps each album separately.

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #613 of 1,830
also, did anyones iTunes playlists show up after synchronizing sd card after copying? I need playlists or just the folders to show up. Also Every other way of showing the music still lumps each album separately.

How did you copy your music from iTunes?

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #614 of 1,830
hI made a duplicate iTunes library of my music, then I took all songs for each playlist, renumbered them based on playlist number. So basically, my folders are playlist and not folders of albums. I thought, now I can just copy these folders and just view folders and I would be viewing my playlist. This didn't work on the Pioneer.

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #615 of 1,830
How did you copy your music from iTunes?

I just dragged my iTunes folder onto the sd1 card. All my music showed up but no playlists. I have been working on an alternate iTunes library of my music where the folders themselves are the playlist. I renumbered all songs in the folder (playlist) numerically to keep playlist order. If there is a way to just see folders on the dap, I would see my folders as my playlists. It's frustrating, all the ways to view your music but none of them being the one you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back