Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jan 20, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #586 of 1,830
I am thoroughly impressed with my unit.  I just received it in the mail today.  I ordered mine on December 22nd through PriceJapan, and though initially they forgot to ship my unit out, they refunded my shipping costs as an apology, and they ended up shipping it on the 29th.  I live in Canada, so the package arrived very promptly.

I took it out of the box, and was amazed right away.  I initially was going to jump on the Fiio X7 as soon as it came out, but I just happened to stumble on some random French website that compared the X7 to the Pioneer XDP.  I own a Fiio X1, X3 (second gen), and X5 (first gen), and numerous Fiio portable amps, so I like their products.

A few hours of research later, my order was placed for the Pioneer, as I still had doubts about the X7.

I'm glad I didn't jump the gun and go with the X7.  I'm really excited to try this out.

Initial impressions are very promising.  Interface is extremely smooth.

Can you provide the link to the review please?

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #588 of 1,830
Correct, and my 200GB SD card works flawlessly

Well I did not say WiFi didn't work, just that you get EMI while streaming :-\

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #589 of 1,830
That's what I meant, I'm not experiencing any EMI while on WiFi With my X7. I did with my first unit but I shipped it back and exchange it.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #590 of 1,830
That's what I meant, I'm not experiencing any EMI while on WiFi With my X7. I did with my first unit but I shipped it back and exchange it.

That's good news they did something about it at last

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #592 of 1,830
Just auditioned the Pioneer XDP, and coming from Fiio x3ii, I must say it sure is a big upgrade! If i am not considering going balanced, should i make the XDP investment instead of the Onkyo DP-X1?

Some people said they have different sound signature and the spec inside the Onkyo is better in some aspect but I can't remember which part of the Onkyo is better.

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #594 of 1,830
Just auditioned the Pioneer XDP, and coming from Fiio x3ii, I must say it sure is a big upgrade! If i am not considering going balanced, should i make the XDP investment instead of the Onkyo DP-X1?

If you're not going balanced, it will depend on the sound signature you're looking for, the Onkyo is warmer and smoother the Pioneer more neutral and sharp.

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #596 of 1,830
Thank you for the replies!

I went ahead and got the Onkyo :joy:

wrong choice
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #597 of 1,830
If you're not going balanced, it will depend on the sound signature you're looking for, the Onkyo is warmer and smoother the Pioneer more neutral and sharp.

What HiFi mag Feb16 said the Pioneer a bit relaxed. Not sure what that will make Onkyo then :)

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #598 of 1,830
What HiFi mag Feb16 said the Pioneer a bit relaxed. Not sure what that will make Onkyo then :)

Not sure what they mean by relaxed, except if they mean not forward then I agree although it's not laid back either 
Onkyo is warmer but retain the same house sound, clean, detailed with good separation and soundstage.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #600 of 1,830
Definitely interested in some more X7 comparisons.

Agreed, based off when I'm reading the X7 is the better choice so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back