Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jan 18, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #571 of 1,830
Hello, do you prefer the X7 over this pioneer? I currently have the X7 but still have time to send it back.

Hi

i'm using xdp near 4 days and im very happy , but about the x7 i think totally waste of money 650$ for what ? totally fake price tag , for 50bucks more better choice xdp , you have 2 sd slot and put them 200gb for each one , android 5.1.1 very smooth , amazing build quality , 4.7 inch HD Screen which is very good quality for watching youtube or hd music video or something , and important on that you have very good hardware ( Qualcomm 8074 , Adreno 330 ) for app and game and overall processing ( but on these bass dont go too deep like astell and kern or other dap ( i mean very deep )
 , its very neutral sound sig overall superior choice for the price , im looking to test LG V10 beside my XDP to see how that phone sound quality work , right now you can't find any other dap compare price and performance to xdp

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #572 of 1,830
Jan 18, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #573 of 1,830
  Hi

i'm using xdp near 4 days and im very happy , but about the x7 i think totally waste of money 650$ for what ? totally fake price tag , for 50bucks more better choice xdp , you have 2 sd slot and put them 200gb for each one , android 5.1.1 very smooth , amazing build quality , 4.7 inch HD Screen which is very good quality for watching youtube or hd music video or something , and important on that you have very good hardware ( Qualcomm 8074 , Adreno 330 ) for app and game and overall processing ( but on these bass dont go too deep like astell and kern or other dap ( i mean very deep )
 , its very neutral sound sig overall superior choice for the price , im looking to test LG V10 beside my XDP to see how that phone sound quality work , right now you can't find any other dap compare price and performance to xdp

I agree, and Pioneer XDP100 has better specs than X7 ( 2G RAM Vs. 1G ram)

Jan 18, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #574 of 1,830
Does the specs equal to a much better sound? I'm hearing different reports that the sound is only slightly better by a hair... I'm wondering if you would have the same conclusion when the new amp modules are released.

Jan 18, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #575 of 1,830
Onkyo DP-X1, maybe
wink.gif

yes right , but before i bought the xdp i was thinking for the onkyo , but when i check the spec only difference is 1x amp and 1x dac only for the balanced output , but after realize price around 200 usd different only to buy another dap beside that , if you have full size headphone and iem you have to pay at least 200 more only for iem balance cable and 200 or 300 balance cable for the over ear like hd700 for example we say 500 USD balance equipment and 200 more for the dap for all of them which means cost 700 USD only for those people want use in balance mode
700 usd i can buy better seperate amp and dac for desktop use + xdp for source
not worth for investment only for slightly different , this is my personal opinion of course for that difference i prefer to buy mojo or CEntrance HiFi M8 much more worth it
( hd700 + UM50 )

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #576 of 1,830
  yes right , but before i bought the xdp i was thinking for the onkyo , but when i check the spec only difference is 1x amp and 1x dac only for the balanced output , but after realize price around 200 usd different only to buy another dap beside that , if you have full size headphone and iem you have to pay at least 200 more only for iem balance cable and 200 or 300 balance cable for the over ear like hd700 for example we say 500 USD balance equipment and 200 more for the dap for all of them which means cost 700 USD only for those people want use in balance mode
700 usd i can buy better seperate amp and dac for desktop use + xdp for source
not worth for investment only for slightly different , this is my personal opinion of course for that difference i prefer to buy mojo or CEntrance HiFi M8 much more worth it
( hd700 + UM50 )

If you purchase DP-X1 from Japan, the different between Pioneer and Onkyo is only 120 dollar.

With balanced output you will no longer need an separate amp. It sound much better than SE and from the spec it could drive 32-600 ohm headphone. It mean no stack need, more portable.

Of course Mojo really sound great, best Dac/Amp I've ever heard. But using the Pioneer only as a transporter for Mojo is such a waste in my opinion.

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #577 of 1,830
I've had my XDP-100R for a couple of weeks now. Same headroom issues as everyone else with Shure 535's - but my hearing is not the best.

Does anyone elses unit rattle? If I give mine a shake, it feels like something (battery?) is loose inside. Please let me know if yours is the same or whether I should be talking to my dealer about an exchange.

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #578 of 1,830
  I've had my XDP-100R for a couple of weeks now. Same headroom issues as everyone else with Shure 535's - but my hearing is not the best.

Does anyone elses unit rattle? If I give mine a shake, it feels like something (battery?) is loose inside. Please let me know if yours is the same or whether I should be talking to my dealer about an exchange.

Thanks!

Not mine! I think you should take it back.

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #579 of 1,830

Thanks!

Not mine! I think you should take it back.

+1

My unit is flawless in terms of build quality, no rattling or loose parts.

Jan 19, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #581 of 1,830

Starting to wish Id gone for a UK XDP-100R as its starting to look like there may be quality issues with the Onkyo on the headphone connection...PITA to have to send it back to Japan to get it fixed if needed!

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #584 of 1,830
I have gone for the X7 agains the XDP 100 thinking modular amp is great and they now have Google Play Store which means Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz... etc available. In absolute terms, the X7 is a great player SQ is very good if you like a more relaxed presentation. But thing is, the X7 is plagged by design and QA issues, the worst being EMI when wifi is on other stuff include inconsistent bugs with play store apps... Android 4.x means unless you root, external SD card is not available for Tidal (for some reason Spotify managed to workaround the permission issues to access external SD), which is a deal breaker for Tidal. I'll be returning it tomorrow and either get a refund or a XDP 100. 

[/quote

I have absolutely no issues when using WiFi

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #585 of 1,830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back