Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Oct 25, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #2,461 of 2,535
The best thing about 300r was perhaps the presentation. None of the other sub-1000$ daps didn't even come close to the soundstage that it offered. Too bad it died on me and I went with the dx160. Still think about getting that unit if someone sold it to me for cheap.

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #2,462 of 2,535
Mint died too-first the headphone output broke, then the whole thing just quit working.

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #2,468 of 2,535
Any "cell phone repair" shop can open and replace the battery.

The battery you need is the 1ICP4/53/67 3.8v 1630mah, and it costs $20usd in the States.

asdf-1.jpg
Hello, very interesting answer this. I would like to replace my battery with a stronger one. Any suggestions? And to know how I will do that. Would you be so kind to give me a short workaround? I would be very grateful. Thank you. Remco (Netherlands)

Dec 11, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #2,473 of 2,535
I'm possibly looking at an upgrade...

I've had the 300R for about 5 years, still mint, still works fine.

My only workarounds are firstly I have to run it through a Fiio Amp to work with the Sennheiser 660S's and I own a pair of B&W PX7's which I use more than I thought I would but they are the latest specs Bluetooth wise (V5.0 AptxHD and so on) which of course the Pioneer doesn't have.

I wanted to treat myself to a new player with more up to date Bluetooth specs and more drive in the amp stage. I should point out that I use wireless when on the plane or just want the convenience of Bluetooth headphones once in a while.

I was originally thinking of the Shanling M6 Pro, but I listen to a lot of concerts, jazz and the lack of gapless playback is just crazy. It may be sorted soon I suppose but that's not a risk I wanted to take. Amazing that this isn't mentioned in reviews I've seen, it's only on forums like this that I read about it.

I did look at the Sony NW-ZX507, up to date Bluetooth (V5.0) and more modern Android (V9) but firstly I'm not sure about the Sony sound, I have heard a few and found them very sterile and not at all involving to listen too. However the Sony build quality should be a good plus, although on the dedicated HeadFi forum I read about odd things happening on even these DAP's. More compact size though.

My last choice is the Fiio M15. Expensive yes, but again massive amp stage for when I want to use the 660S's. Bluetooth 5.0 so a good match for the PX7's. I guess my only concern is just....well......that amount of money and I worry about build quality and reliability! haha. It doesn't help when you read about people with M11's that fail after a year. Although this is the internet and we all like to moan rather than praise sometimes so it could be the minority.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts, on the above, I may even just stick with the Pioneer for a few more months and see what the latest developments are in 2021 but I've found a few good prices for the M15 with 15% off, etc.

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #2,474 of 2,535
I love my XDP300...except the awful battery life. Is it possible to get a replacement battery fitted in the UK? Many thanks
Hi I had problems with my battery. I got a new one fitted by a UK firm called Electronic Partners. The device was posted to them. It cost me £46 all in. I highly recommend the service provided. I am testing the battery 🔋 just now. 9 hours continuous play yesterday. 2 hours so far today and the battery is at 9%. 👍🍺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back