Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jul 17, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #2,432 of 2,535
You know what bothers me even more? Replacement of the battery when it dies. Did you or can you take photos of the battery?
Maybe. I'll dig around my HDD later on and post if I did. Getting it out was straight forward but finding a suitable replacement may not be!
I've since sold my 300r and bought a Hiby R6. The buid quality, feel, OS, screen and sound are all so much better than the 300r.

Jul 21, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #2,433 of 2,535
Ive known a lot of people who feels the same way. Its better to save than to buy and just get rid of it. Ever since i got the wm1a ive never looked back nor have i been actively searching for replacements. It blows the 300r to bits. 300r is neither realistic nor accurate its way too elevated in the treble no bass and mids sound way too artificial.

During my time with the 300r i was never impressed by it (aside from the fact that it doesnt heat up) in fact i almost lost interest in audio because of how bad it sounded.
Haha i love such subjective opinions which supposed to sound like an universal truth. But the fact is that its just your opinion and taste. And its actually pile of crap. I would understand if u wrote that u dont like this and that. But writing that 300r sounds like crap is just too childish to even engage the real discussion. I compared 300r with sr15, futura from astell kern, ak 240 and even with stax L300. And i was very surprised when it came out how good 300r sounds. Its not better than the daps from price range of 1000+ dol but up to 1000 its one of the best sounding daps. And of course it must be listened from balanced output with ACG on.

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #2,434 of 2,535
May just be me but everyone my community was always recommending it to me and disregarded the wm1a as they said it was muddy and only worth so little compared to the srp of 1.2k. I just found all the recommendations about it to be super political. If you were in my shoes you would understand. Im a student who saved for years just to buy a dap but in the end i was very much disappointed by it (performance wise is pretty good though but sound is just...) btw i also lost so much selling it, everyone was selling their 300r when i tried to sell mine (just to show how much it was sq wise) I believed them so much that i disregarded what my friend said about the 300r being clinical and boring (which is true in my experience) it made me lose interest in the iem that i also saved for, the k3003 (Made the k3003 so sibilant and so thin i developed tinnitus because of cranking the volume when using it because i wanted more body in the mids). If i just had listened to my friend, skipped and saved up for the wm1a i would still had my k3003. Very hard to come by brand new btw and i lost so much trying to sell that thing (bought for $700 sold for $300). Now you ask me why i dislike it so much?

Edit: i dont want to talk about the political side of audio is so im just going to say this; Like what you like and if others do not like them don't bother to waste your time with them in the end its your money and its you whose going to use the gear not them. Cheers.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #2,435 of 2,535
Hello to all,

At the moment I've paired my audeze sine headphones to the xdp300r dap, se and using the variable line out. With this i often find myself maxing the volume, especially on the subway.

I've ordered mezze 99 balanced cables to use the balanced output to get a bit more juice.

My question is, should i consider a separate amp to bring the most out of the headphones? considering this is my only pair

Also, can i use the balanced out as lineout to a portable amp or home stereo? I am asking as i read that the dap doesn't use both dacs when operating via the se output.

Jul 23, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #2,436 of 2,535
Hello to all,

At the moment I've paired my audeze sine headphones to the xdp300r dap, se and using the variable line out. With this i often find myself maxing the volume, especially on the subway.

I've ordered mezze 99 balanced cables to use the balanced output to get a bit more juice.

My question is, should i consider a separate amp to bring the most out of the headphones? considering this is my only pair

Also, can i use the balanced out as lineout to a portable amp or home stereo? I am asking as i read that the dap doesn't use both dacs when operating via the se output.
The 99 is not that power hungry so you should be fine with the 300r alone. But the sines are pretty picky they require an strong amp to fully drive them.

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #2,437 of 2,535
I'm sorry, i guess the way i wrote it leaves alot to interpretation. I meant that i only ordered the meze 99 balanced cable, from amazon, to use with my sines and the balanced output. I read it should output 150mW per chanel via balanced and the minimum recommended by audeze is 100mW, so at least i will hit that
The 99 is not that power hungry so you should be fine with the 300r alone. But the sines are pretty picky they require an strong amp to fully drive them.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #2,438 of 2,535
I'm sorry, i guess the way i wrote it leaves alot to interpretation. I meant that i only ordered the meze 99 balanced cable, from amazon, to use with my sines and the balanced output. I read it should output 150mW per chanel via balanced and the minimum recommended by audeze is 100mW, so at least i will hit that
Ah I see, thanks for the clarification. I'm not too sure whether it'll be enough with just the 300r. If you can, when they arrive, try to bring them to a local audio store and ask if they have any amps available for demo. Only then you can really compare if there are any power lacking. From what I know even the wm1a at balanced (250mW) isn't enough to power the sines. The sines are are pretty good cans but man do they need power (a lot). Congrats btw man!

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #2,439 of 2,535
Replied twice, sorry

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #2,440 of 2,535
Ah I see, thanks for the clarification. I'm not too sure whether it'll be enough with just the 300r. If you can, when they arrive, try to bring them to a local audio store and ask if they have any amps available for demo. Only then you can really compare if there are any power lacking. From what I know even the wm1a at balanced (250mW) isn't enough to power the sines. The sines are are pretty good cans but man do they need power (a lot). Congrats btw man!
Thanks
Thanks 🤣 this is my entry to the hifi world so its been fun so far, i got the headphones and the dap for under 400$, so i will gladly buy an amp to power them, i would just prefer it to not be too expensive if possible.

Are there any 2nd hand amps for around 100$ that can drive them?

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #2,441 of 2,535
Thanks

Thanks 🤣 this is my entry to the hifi world so its been fun so far, i got the headphones and the dap for under 400$, so i will gladly buy an amp to power them, i would just prefer it to not be too expensive if possible.

Are there any 2nd hand amps for around 100$ that can drive them?
Very good deals you got there! Haven't explored the world of amps yet, been dodging cans that are power hungry lol.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #2,443 of 2,535
Seems like you are the smarter one of the two of us.. 😂👊

Anyway, thanks for all your answers! Have a great day
I would say the more cowardly lool. Any time man! Glad to help.

Jul 24, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #2,444 of 2,535
May just be me but everyone my community was always recommending it to me and disregarded the wm1a as they said it was muddy and only worth so little compared to the srp of 1.2k. I just found all the recommendations about it to be super political. If you were in my shoes you would understand. Im a student who saved for years just to buy a dap but in the end i was very much disappointed by it (performance wise is pretty good though but sound is just...) btw i also lost so much selling it, everyone was selling their 300r when i tried to sell mine (just to show how much it was sq wise) I believed them so much that i disregarded what my friend said about the 300r being clinical and boring (which is true in my experience) it made me lose interest in the iem that i also saved for, the k3003 (Made the k3003 so sibilant and so thin i developed tinnitus because of cranking the volume when using it because i wanted more body in the mids). If i just had listened to my friend, skipped and saved up for the wm1a i would still had my k3003. Very hard to come by brand new btw and i lost so much trying to sell that thing (bought for $700 sold for $300). Now you ask me why i dislike it so much?

Edit: i dont want to talk about the political side of audio is so im just going to say this; Like what you like and if others do not like them don't bother to waste your time with them in the end its your money and its you whose going to use the gear not them. Cheers.
Man i understand u completely, u have your own taste and expectations and thats great. But i was meaning that you have judged 300r like it was crap, while its not. I get u don't like it. But it doesnt change the fact that it sounds really good. Well many people here have some experience with daps and dacs and many say that 300r is crap but many say that its an amazing sounding device. I read many topics on head fi when people were writing about for example an ak 240 that its crap not worth 2k dol price. U have completely different opinion. Its always subjective when it comes to audio experience.

Jul 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #2,445 of 2,535
Hello to all,

[/QUOTE
Hello to all,

Meze should pair really good with 300r, especially from bal ACG. I sine not recommended with this dap. Its a great device when paired with undemanding headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back