Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Oct 16, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #2,341 of 2,535
I saw signs of life within about a half hour of charging. Hold down the big power button for a bit (up to 10 seconds) and hope to see the magic words “Powered by Android.” That’s all I got. Don’t know if any other hidden buttons or reset options. Fingers crossed for you.

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #2,342 of 2,535
I saw signs of life within about a half hour of charging. Hold down the big power button for a bit (up to 10 seconds) and hope to see the magic words “Powered by Android.” That’s all I got. Don’t know if any other hidden buttons or reset options. Fingers crossed for you.
Didn't happen for me. I have decided to charge overnight. Also waiting for more suggestions.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #2,343 of 2,535
Didn't happen for me. I have decided to charge overnight. Also waiting for more suggestions.
it's toast. Start planning for your next DAP purchase. The 300R is a POS in more ways than one. At least it sounds good so when it dies you can live with the memory of the way sounded when it worked.

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #2,345 of 2,535
I had it happen...charging didn't help at the time. It's been sitting for a while, so maybe I'll give it another try, but switched over to my Pono.

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #2,346 of 2,535
it's toast. Start planning for your next DAP purchase. The 300R is a POS in more ways than one. At least it sounds good so when it dies you can live with the memory of the way sounded when it worked.
The same day i pulled the trigger on the Andromeda, it had to happen. Now i i broke with a totl iem but without a dap.

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #2,347 of 2,535
The same day i pulled the trigger on the Andromeda, it had to happen. Now i i broke with a totl iem but without a dap.
Damn that’s sucks man. I’d get a Sony DAP. New ZX500 looks to be pretty sweet. Sony DAPs don’t have reliability issues.

Oct 21, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #2,350 of 2,535
Hello. I would like to ask, which music app is currently the best for 300r? im using UAPP right now in bit perfect mode and i think its slightly better than the native one (bit less airy but i think that the sound is more "dense" and packed with micro details). Couple days ago I installed Power Amp and I find the EQ very useful because it doesnt decrease the sound quality and it makes it somehow deeper. But i still have this feeling that UAPP sounds more natural and closer to the original sound singature of the 300r even tho its more flat. Do you maybe know anything better than the UAPP which makes the sound a bit deeper but doesnt change the original tone significially? Thank you in advance.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #2,353 of 2,535
So, word from the phone repair shop where i sent my dap is, the issue is somewhere between the USB port and the connection to the battery but they can't seem to find the issue out. It's not repairable by them.
I had the same issue and sent it to Pioneer in New Jersey. They charged just to diagnose and then told me it was the USB port but they don’t have the part anymore. Then asked me to pay to have it returned to me. I have to imagine someone could figure out how to replace that part with something similar. It’s not like micro usb wasn’t used in tons of phones and daps

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #2,354 of 2,535
I had the same issue and sent it to Pioneer in New Jersey. They charged just to diagnose and then told me it was the USB port but they don’t have the part anymore. Then asked me to pay to have it returned to me. I have to imagine someone could figure out how to replace that part with something similar. It’s not like micro usb wasn’t used in tons of phones and daps
The usb port itself is okey. Perhaps there is some kind of fault in the pcb. I will see it myself tomorrow. Anyways, I don't have any hope now and have to look for a dap. Confused between Ibasso DX160 and the A&Norma SR15.

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #2,355 of 2,535
Something amazing has happened. The phone repair shop I sent it to decided to dig in deeper and tried desoldering and resoldering the chips on the pcb and amazingly got the device running. There is still a weird issue. I think the charging circuit/battery has had some damage. After first time charging it up from the repair shop, my dap went from 100% charge to 67% in an instant after powering up but since then it's draining normallly with regular usage. It even ran on standby without losing any charge. Anyone knows what could be the issue?

Anyways, I am relieved that it is working. Saved me a lot of bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back