Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jul 13, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #2,326 of 2,535
I've been using the xdp-300r with ety er4xr and shure 846 for some time now. Using it with a chord Mojo. Actually I'm not really sure I even hear an improvement with the mojo as opposed to just single ended out direct from the player.

Am curious, will I get a noticeable improvement running the shure 846 with a balanced cable directly to the xdp-300r? Looking at a lavricable balanced cable to 2.5mm plug.

Am getting lazy/tired of bringing the mojo out..
Im using Pinnacle P1 which are not even close to the shure 846. But they work great with 300r. I can hear a real step up in terms of sq changing from se to ba. Especially using ACG mode. The sound is cleaner, even more open and the dynamics in higher mids and hights are greater. Also the imaging is better.

Jul 13, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #2,327 of 2,535
I've been using the xdp-300r with ety er4xr and shure 846 for some time now. Using it with a chord Mojo. Actually I'm not really sure I even hear an improvement with the mojo as opposed to just single ended out direct from the player.

Am curious, will I get a noticeable improvement running the shure 846 with a balanced cable directly to the xdp-300r? Looking at a lavricable balanced cable to 2.5mm plug.

Am getting lazy/tired of bringing the mojo out..

2.5mm can only be described with one word with the XDP300R:

Clean.

ACG + max jitter-prevention setting + airplane mode = amazing

Jul 13, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #2,328 of 2,535
2.5mm can only be described with one word with the XDP300R:

Clean.

ACG + max jitter-prevention setting + airplane mode = amazing
Hi, by max jitter u meant this range lock setting? Anyways, ive auditioned a couple of daps last months and some of them were from the way higher price range and have to say that from balanced with ACG, 300r is an amazing sounding device.

Jul 13, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #2,329 of 2,535
Hi, by max jitter u meant this range lock setting? Anyways, ive auditioned a couple of daps last months and some of them were from the way higher price range and have to say that from balanced with ACG, 300r is an amazing sounding device.

Yep. Range lock.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #2,331 of 2,535
I'm actually pretty happy with this DAP. I suddenly find myself with an uncontrollable urge to buy the Fiio M11. Would someone please talk me of it? Or not?

Check my previous posts in this thread.

In short, the SQ is not worth the upgrade imo, especially if you use ACG on the XDP300R.

In terms of streaming though, the M11 is super fast. It has a super fast UI. Its sound signature is more plain and neutral compared to the XDP300R which has better treble and detailing imo and a blacker background.

I’m actually considering getting both because they compliment each other well.

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #2,332 of 2,535
So, it finally happened. I've read about the problems with the 2.5 mm balanced jack breaking. Have had mine 2+ years, had it balanced mostly. Left it plugged in overnight, don't know of any drops, the jack broke off into the headphone plug. Using it single ended now. I assume there isn't really a fix for this...:sleepy:

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #2,333 of 2,535
Mine broke after only 1 week of use...
Tried to get through to Pioneer but absolutely no avail, gave up after a couple of weeks.
Couldn't be bothered to try to have it fixed (finding a shop that would do it and getting the right part) so I ended up buying a Fiio M11.

On that note any tips if it's sellable with a broken 2.5, if yes, what is a reasonable asking price?

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #2,334 of 2,535
Mine broke after only 1 week of use...
Tried to get through to Pioneer but absolutely no avail, gave up after a couple of weeks.
Couldn't be bothered to try to have it fixed (finding a shop that would do it and getting the right part) so I ended up buying a Fiio M11.

On that note any tips if it's sellable with a broken 2.5, if yes, what is a reasonable asking price?
When I recently had a problem I think I was referred to pancor Corp in nj for a warranty claim. I had to pay $100 just for them to look at it since it was out of warranty and then they told me that the part (micro usb charging port)! was no longer available and I’d have to pay the return shipping if I wanted the brick back!!!! If you go that route make sure they commit to you that they have the parts and can repair it. For 100 bucks though you’re well on your way to another M11

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #2,337 of 2,535
It happen once to mine, I just wait ( I think till the battery was empty) and then it Turned on again, I imagine the system just freezed...
Currently plugged it in charge. Frightened what will happen

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #2,338 of 2,535
I’ve had this happen as well. Charging it up should bring it back to life.

My charge port isn’t super reliable—some cords only work if the unit is carefully placed in a specific position. Not ideal. But it’s super terrifying when I accidentally run my unit to zero because I can’t see the charge indicator to know if I’ve jiggled the cord perfectly. Fingers crossed for you.

Oct 16, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #2,340 of 2,535
I’ve had this happen as well. Charging it up should bring it back to life.

My charge port isn’t super reliable—some cords only work if the unit is carefully placed in a specific position. Not ideal. But it’s super terrifying when I accidentally run my unit to zero because I can’t see the charge indicator to know if I’ve jiggled the cord perfectly. Fingers crossed for you.
How long should i wait till it shows some sign? No light yet.
Doesn't it have a hard reset button combination? Or a small pinhole where you could insert a needle or something to reset it? I'll check mi
no idea. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back