Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Feb 21, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #2,146 of 2,535
Are there any rumored firmware update to your device? Or we stuck on 5.1.1?

From my observations, and after contacting O&P support all over the world (FR / EU / US / JP), the only support that gave me one "customery acceptable reply" was the japanese one, so....I think that we're stuck for good on 5.1.1 officially, but with the amazing help of Antdroid, we already managed to do a few things.

Maybe this could be the base for porting LineageOS to the XDP (no work in progress, only some merely hope of planning).

If anyone wants to discuss it, be free to pm me.

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,147 of 2,535
From my observations, and after contacting O&P support all over the world (FR / EU / US / JP), the only support that gave me one "customery acceptable reply" was the japanese one, so....I think that we're stuck for good on 5.1.1 officially, but with the amazing help of Antdroid, we already managed to do a few things.

Maybe this could be the base for porting LineageOS to the XDP (no work in progress, only some merely hope of planning).

If anyone wants to discuss it, be free to pm me.
Would sure love to see that materialize.

Feb 25, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #2,150 of 2,535
So I've been chatting back and forth with @noneshallknow and it looks like some things are possible that I already had done or was just too blind to see and he helped me realize :)

1. Rooting - I've already rooted using Kingoroot. Anyone can do this as it's an app that you can sideload and root by pressing a button. That said, this app may contain ads, and other junk you may not want. I ended up installed Chainfire SuperUser SU over it and then removing all traces of Kingoroot from my device.

2. Fastboot - fastboot is actually available. I just didnt have drivers installed correctly in my Windows 10 setup. I used fastboot oem unlock and unlocked my bootloader.

3. I made backups of my Recovery and Boot files here, along with backups of my rooted system image, and QCN files from QPST (qualcomm's emergency download interface): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1diqQ8LE-yG4b-WZFB_OPcQp2rDUp9BbV

4. Recovery (TWRP) from Onkyo DP-X1/Pioneer XDP-100R can be loaded but we are unable to mount system, data, or SDcard #2 on it. Only one SDCARD can be mounted. Not sure why. We may try to compile a new TWRP file.

UPDATE: GOT IT WORKING!

5. As I stated before, Xposed Framework works fine. I've been using it for 8 months now without any issues.

6. Magisk does not work (yet). I patched the stock bootloader but the boot image does not boot up and I get stuck at the Android screen. I'm able to restore my boot.img using fastboot and it'll work again though. (thank goodness!)

7. Using my rooted system, I have been able to modify the build.prop file to use the DAC on other android apps (or so I think I am anyway). Same method as LG and other devices.

8. more to come?

hello I have a problem with my xdp300, it stays in the Android logo because I did the root wrong with kingroot, try to do your tutorial to see if I could install the twrp but it does not let me unlock the bootloader, there is some other way to intall your system backup? sorry for my bad english but use the translator, thanks in advance

Feb 25, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #2,151 of 2,535
hello I have a problem with my xdp300, it stays in the Android logo because I did the root wrong with kingroot, try to do your tutorial to see if I could install the twrp but it does not let me unlock the bootloader, there is some other way to intall your system backup? sorry for my bad english but use the translator, thanks in advance

Hello. Please PM me and we can chat through PM or if you use fb messenger, google hangouts or another chat program, that might be easier.

In the meantime, you need fastboot drivers to use fastboot. If that's already installed you can check fastboot devices to see if the device shows up.

Feb 27, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #2,153 of 2,535
Looking for help. I have XDP 300r that has a problem with the USB port. Every time I go to charge it I have to wiggle whatever cable I'm using to get it in just the right angle for it to connect and start charging. Anyone having this problem? Any solutions? Seems the USB port has become loose.

Another problem I'm having is up until recently I was using a Moon audio cable (OTG) from the USB port (line out) into my Woo WA8 and it was great. Suddenly it's not working and I think I may have screwed around with the settings in the Onkyo Music app. Foobar, Spotify, Amazon ...none of them work through the USB anymore. Work fine through the headphone jack. When I plug in the USB cable the Onkyo Music app recognizes the WA8 but when I do a search in Settings for connected USB devices it comes back with nothing. Very frustrating and there is little or no guidance in the manuals Searched the forum but couldn't find anything. Suggestions appreciated.

Should add that I bought a second 300r and the Android setting and Onkyo Music player settings are the same on both. Both of the Onkyo Music player settings were updated to 1.9.0. Android is 5.1

Thanks

Feb 27, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #2,154 of 2,535
Looking for help. I have XDP 300r that has a problem with the USB port. Every time I go to charge it I have to wiggle whatever cable I'm using to get it in just the right angle for it to connect and start charging. Anyone having this problem? Any solutions? Seems the USB port has become loose.

Another problem I'm having is up until recently I was using a Moon audio cable (OTG) from the USB port (line out) into my Woo WA8 and it was great. Suddenly it's not working and I think I may have screwed around with the settings in the Onkyo Music app. Foobar, Spotify, Amazon ...none of them work through the USB anymore. Work fine through the headphone jack. When I plug in the USB cable the Onkyo Music app recognizes the WA8 but when I do a search in Settings for connected USB devices it comes back with nothing. Very frustrating and there is little or no guidance in the manuals Searched the forum but couldn't find anything. Suggestions appreciated.

Should add that I bought a second 300r and the Android setting and Onkyo Music player settings are the same on both. Both of the Onkyo Music player settings were updated to 1.9.0. Android is 5.1

Thanks

Have you tried another usb cable to rule out that being the problem for your first item?

Feb 27, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #2,155 of 2,535
Have you tried another usb cable to rule out that being the problem for your first item?
Actually sent the cable back to Moon Audio and they checked it out. The WA8 has one of the USB B ports that I’m more used to seeing on a printer so it’s not that simple. I tried the cable that came with the WA8 and a micro adapter on the USB A plug into the 300r but not sure it’s OTG. Didn’t work in any event.

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #2,156 of 2,535
Hey guys how are you all?
I have a problem with my unit ( I hope no one does :frowning2:
Anyway, the device fell down from not too high and nothing happened to it. I even listened to music after and used normally,
I bought back in November, 2018. And after the day it dropped, I forget the device at my office all night. Then I brought my charger next morning to charge it. But the problem is it won't charge.
Nothing happened no power or indicator or battery icon or anything at all. I tried different cable and different source of power but still nothing.
Can anyone help me please :frowning2:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #2,157 of 2,535
Hey guys how are you all?
I have a problem with my unit ( I hope no one does :frowning2:
Anyway, the device fell down from not too high and nothing happened to it. I even listened to music after and used normally,
I bought back in November, 2018. And after the day it dropped, I forget the device at my office all night. Then I brought my charger next morning to charge it. But the problem is it won't charge.
Nothing happened no power or indicator or battery icon or anything at all. I tried different cable and different source of power but still nothing.
Can anyone help me please :frowning2:

That's not much for us to go on, it does seem like you have tried all the obvious things, like the cable and PSU though.

Is the tiny connection tongue in the micro USB socket intact or was it perhaps damaged in the drop?

Other than that something may have been dislodged inside, one of the heavier components or a connection perhaps.

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #2,158 of 2,535
Just got a 300R for myself. Loving it so far but what I hate about it is the really old OS. I hope a mighty one can make a custom rom. LineageOS or something like that. That would be really great.

Mar 18, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #2,160 of 2,535
Hey guys, I have a question about Aptx. I own the Pioneer XDP 300R. I also currently own the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. In case you weren't aware, the android 8.0 update allows it to support Aptx (not aptxhd). Also, I am using qobuz to stream music (which I can do from the Note 8 or either of the daps). So my question is, can I just stream 16 bit music from qobuz on my phone on to my Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless (which support aptx) and get the same quality of audio as if I were to stream it from either daps to my momentums?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back