Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Feb 17, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #2,131 of 2,535
Update: I made system, boot, aboot, and recovery image through adb shell DD and posted in the same link on drive. My system image is rooted though.

Yeah ! I'll check them out too, if they pass verification, It's a good news for all brickies out there !

For the QPST/QFIL part, I'll PM you right after hitting reply !

Thanks for all your input on all of this, I'm so disappointed to be away from my player and not being able to test those image !

Cheers !

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #2,133 of 2,535
Did anybody notice that the tidal app now allows mqa playback and offline sync?

Tidal added MQA support at the beginning of the year. :)

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #2,134 of 2,535
So I've been chatting back and forth with @noneshallknow and it looks like some things are possible that I already had done or was just too blind to see and he helped me realize :)

1. Rooting - I've already rooted using Kingoroot. Anyone can do this as it's an app that you can sideload and root by pressing a button. That said, this app may contain ads, and other junk you may not want. I ended up installed Chainfire SuperUser SU over it and then removing all traces of Kingoroot from my device.

2. Fastboot - fastboot is actually available. I just didnt have drivers installed correctly in my Windows 10 setup. I used fastboot oem unlock and unlocked my bootloader.

3. I made backups of my Recovery and Boot files here, along with backups of my rooted system image, and QCN files from QPST (qualcomm's emergency download interface): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1diqQ8LE-yG4b-WZFB_OPcQp2rDUp9BbV

4. Recovery (TWRP) from Onkyo DP-X1/Pioneer XDP-100R can be loaded but we are unable to mount system, data, or SDcard #2 on it. Only one SDCARD can be mounted. Not sure why. We may try to compile a new TWRP file.

UPDATE: GOT IT WORKING!

5. As I stated before, Xposed Framework works fine. I've been using it for 8 months now without any issues.

6. Magisk does not work (yet). I patched the stock bootloader but the boot image does not boot up and I get stuck at the Android screen. I'm able to restore my boot.img using fastboot and it'll work again though. (thank goodness!)

7. Using my rooted system, I have been able to modify the build.prop file to use the DAC on other android apps (or so I think I am anyway). Same method as LG and other devices.

8. more to come?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #2,137 of 2,535
Guys is there any way to access track info and change the track etc from the lock screen? It's mildly annoying I can't do this. Do I have to install some 3rd part app for this? I'm using the Pioneer app, it offers this functionality inside the OS by down swiping or pressing the status bar, but when you do it from the lock screen the track info and controls are no longer there...

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #2,139 of 2,535
You mean like a "playlist" or menu ?

If so, I don't remember anything like this on my device...

Maybe a special / DIY lockscreen ?
Nah I really just want to see the name of what track is currently playing from the lock screen. I just realized I don't need to change track as there's dedicated hardware buttons on the side of the device but it'd be nice to see the track name and time stamp info from the lockscreen.

Feb 18, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #2,141 of 2,535
If app supports notifications, try :

Settings > Sound & Notifications > App Notifications > [Pioneer/Onkyo] Music (tick, if any)

I don't have my device with me, but i know vlc does it pretty well.
Nah nothing of note in that menu. Damn I guess you really can't access this info from the lockscreen...Thanks though my dude.

Feb 19, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #2,143 of 2,535
Woohoo I ported TWRP to XDP-300R!

52595803_2243285599069280_1572752195558834176_n.jpg

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #2,144 of 2,535

Users who are viewing this thread

Back