pioneer hdj 2000 vs sennheiser hd-25 vs denon ahd-2000
Aug 2, 2011 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Daydreamin747

Head-Fier
Basically, i just want to know which of these is best, probably bass-wise. i was convinced to get the darth beyers, but i then found out they can come out to up to 600 dollars
eek.gif
 so i was looking into these three.  thanks in advance and happy posting
biggrin.gif

oh i already have the hd-25's. i just wanted to know if these two were any better. my source is an ipod touch 4th generation with a fiio e11 connected via l9 lod.

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #3 of 16
I can't comment on the others but I have owned the Denons and I loved them, the bass response was the reason I went with them.

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #5 of 16
The D2000 would probably win over the HD25s in the bass department, but there must be other considerations such as whether you are using them at home or on the go.

The Denons wouldn't be great as replacements for the HD25 if being used portably. I'd be annoyed by the long cable, lack of isolation and huge 6.5mm jack sticking out of the E11.

Aug 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #7 of 16
are they bassy enough for hip hop? and would a fiio e11 be enough to power them?

The D2K's excel in the bass department, they are low impedance so they even sound good un-amplified, I used a E7 with them and I enjoyed the sound.

Aug 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #9 of 16
how is the bass compared to the senns?
basshead.gif
 i was also looking at the klipsch s4's

I've never heard the Senn's or the Klipsch so I can't comment any further.

Aug 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #10 of 16
The pioneers beat the senns in sq but are not as isolating as the senns. I have them and my favorite thing about the is the bass response. Very full sounding without intruding the mids. You should check out tylls review of them on inner fidelity. I also find them to be very natural and fun to listen to. Definitely more balanced than other dj headphones.

Haven't heard the denons yet.

Aug 2, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #11 of 16
In terms of frequency response, the D2000 is probably the flattest and the HD25 the most U shaped, with the HDJ-2000 somewhere in the middle. The D2000 "feels" bassier though, as it rumbles and the harmonics reach lower than the other two. 

Isolation is best with the HD25, with the HDJ2000 not far behind. The D2000 has terrible isolation.

Fitwise, the HDJ-2000 are a bit small for circumaural cups, so if you have large ears and/or connected lobes they might not fit inside. 

Since you already have the HD25-1-ii, I would not consider the HDJ-2000 a significant upgrade to justify the purchase. The D2000 are nice if you're just looking for something different, but if you're going the route of having something different then I would spend the money on something open and/or maybe an ortho. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back