Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jul 15, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #5,491 of 37,621
Quote:
Oh. Yup, this is useless for an iDevice other than the iPad unfortunately.

No actually it works with iPhone 4 if you're jailbroken. If you're crafty you can buy one of the smaller "cabled" CCKs, reterminate the standard USB with a mini usb, and use it with a compatible amp/dac. I did this with a d-zero & e07k and in the end the footprint was a wash with your average LOD, if not smaller.

Here's a pic of my CCK hiking setup that I never finished, it works but still a little hot glue and black nail polish from being complete.

Jul 15, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #5,492 of 37,621
Quote:
I am digging that HD650 with the silver cable!
Are you going to upgrade the interconnects/LODs/adapters soon? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Skybleu, you might wanna try the Toxic Silver cable 24awg. I love the sound too, especially plugged into my desktop rig. The toxic silver cable is more noticeable in clarity (but less body) compared to ALO silver 18awg the one in my picture. I like to use ALO silver when i plugged into my portable rig...because this cable does not reduce the warmth and body sound of HD650 and yet is more open, prominent, and a bit extending in the highs.

The LOD to USB i like to use the stock one from my CLAS (longer cable), the reason for that is because i like to put my amps in the middle of the stack. If i use silver LOD/USB from ALO, is shorter and cannot reach the port at the same position. I might wanna do DIY someday when the angled USB/LOD available in my local shop.

For the interconnect (m2m) i use 4 single silver wire, braided and terminated to 3.5mm Oyaide Rhodium plug.

For the adapters, the one that has XLR terminated with different adapters is my Double Helix copper wire, none of my Silver cable has yet terminated to XLR. I might soon doing it though 
size]

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #5,493 of 37,621
Quote:
Skybleu, you might wanna try the Toxic Silver cable 24awg. I love the sound too, especially plugged into my desktop rig. The toxic silver cable is more noticeable in clarity (but less body) compared to ALO silver 18awg the one in my picture. I like to use ALO silver when i plugged into my portable rig...because this cable does not reduce the warmth and body sound of HD650 and yet is more open, prominent, and a bit extending in the highs.

The LOD to USB i like to use the stock one from my CLAS (longer cable), the reason for that is because i like to put my amps in the middle of the stack. If i use silver LOD/USB from ALO, is shorter and cannot reach the port at the same position. I might wanna do DIY someday when the angled USB/LOD available in my local shop.

For the interconnect (m2m) i use 4 single silver wire, braided and terminated to 3.5mm Oyaide Rhodium plug.

For the adapters, the one that has XLR terminated with different adapters is my Double Helix copper wire, none of my Silver cable has yet terminated to XLR. I might soon doing it though 
size]

Ah, as much as I'd like to give that cable a go, I don't own a pair of HD650's to try them with... 

That silver cable, however, does sound like it will do the job exceptionally well, just like you stated!

Yeah, I think a bit of DIY work might need to be taken into consideration to make your rig all up to date, and running in tip top condition. 
biggrin.gif
 That mini-to-mini sounds more promising, haha.

I think XLR termination might be better for that ALO cable, as it seems rather restricted with the limiting stock 1/4" to 1/8" adapter, but that decision is purely up to you to decide! 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back