Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jul 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #5,477 of 37,686
Quote:
Quote:

That's the ole "camera kit from an iPad" trick.  I'm aware of that trick, but useless from an iPod.....

I'm pretty sure this can be done with an ALO International amp/dac and spare yourself all those boxes and cables.

Oh. Yup, this is useless for an iDevice other than the iPad unfortunately.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #5,478 of 37,686
Quote:

Where am I unclear? Using the CCK with an iPad works great to connect USB DACs, but it doesn't work well with an iPod. When you factor all these components in, you're bordering the "transportable" realm. Not many people want to carry around all these things just to avoid using one of the other "apple certified" DACs. That would defeat the purpose of a portable device. 

Thanks for that, I'm with you now.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #5,479 of 37,686
Quote:
My current mobile portable Rockboxed iPod 5.5g>Lowrider LOD>ALO MKll>Westone UM3X>Comply Tips

ALO wallet thanks to info from this thread (ButtUglyJeff/DMinor)

Only wish that wallet has Coach's workmanship.

Quote:
Normally I'm a bit sanctimonious about members with GAS. (Gear acquisition syndrome.) But Wow! That is one cool collection and no you are not nuts that must be a lot of fun. Particularly like the giant iPod. Or is it a tiny armchair?
smily_headphones1.gif

This the only way to handle my music library when I know I can't live without that UI - rockbox and the clickwheel. Yes there are lots of fun from collecting them and modding them as a hobby while enjoying the music. I like that giant ipod too and that sound is addictive.
wink_face.gif
  That sound has the elasticity which makes me intend to crank up the volume to the max without hurting my ears.

Quote:
Hey DMinor what are the hard plastic cases on the iPods? Need a case myself!

This is the one. It comes with three pieces (one front and two back) which can fit either the 30gb or the 60gb/80gb model.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Griffin-iClear-Hard-Plastic-Case-for-iPod-Video-30G-60G-Protective-Cover-/350817506325

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #5,481 of 37,686
Back of the Hifi-m8 idevice version.
From left :
Impedance switch 1ohm,2ohm and 11ohm.
3 gain settings.
Bass: flat,+,++
Treble: flat,+,++

Power switch: computer,off, idevice,

emuje2y6.jpg

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #5,482 of 37,686
Quote:
Back of the Hifi-m8 idevice version.
From left :
Impedance switch 1ohm,2ohm and 11ohm.
3 gain settings.
Bass: flat,+,++
Treble: flat,+,++

Power switch: computer,off, idevice,

emuje2y6.jpg

Nice setup.  What's the ballpark price of that amp? 

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #5,487 of 37,686
Quote:
Quote:

Right, those two, though the V-moda is just a rebranded Venturecraft.  Greed is right, the Fostex and Sony are most likely the lowest cost, but if you have hard to drive phones, these are the two I would most likely pass on...

Did anyone try this GEBEN iDA-1 from China yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEBEN-USB-Audio-DAC-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-iDA-1-iPod-iPhone-iPad-/281130465349

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=20531959364

T2vAnwXiJXXXXXXXXX_!!323931670.jpg

That......actually looks really sexy.
Quote:
[size=12.0pt]l        [/size][size=12.0pt]Mobile melody, listen real sound, enjoy the same life journey[/size] [size=12.0pt]the iDA-1 is equipped with iphone music playback system composed grade fever, moved to bring your heart[/size]
[size=12pt]iDA-1 is a fever-level decoding portable headphone amplifier. Equipped  with Apple devices iPhone / iPad / iPod touch audio playback system   composed of free Enjoy with original sound journey, click the trigger    Apple devices music player, you can read raw data decoded into a high-definition analog audio signal, then you can listen to natural and sweet.  the sound of music companion for your journey home, it will bring you a happy mood and fun life.[/size]

It's got the same level of music-describing words as some reviews here. Yup, my rig makes my headphones "sing" because they are so "musical" with great "PRaT."

Jul 15, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #5,490 of 37,686
Quote:
My "never-die" HD650...! 

I wish i get bored with the sound but I just can't  
size]

I am digging that HD650 with the silver cable!
Are you going to upgrade the interconnects/LODs/adapters soon? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back