Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 29, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #4,366 of 37,652
I really have been enjoying the RWAK100 with the AS-1's. But I have not had any time to relax and enjoy this setup to give you an answer. I'll report back in the future when I have more time with them together

Cheers mate, I'll look forward to it.....just wondering about upgrading my ASG 1.2 to the ASG2 under the upgrade programme. Currently sat here listening to my AK100 with Tzar 350 and must say I have a grin from ear to ear :)

May 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #4,368 of 37,652
Quote:
Cheers mate, I'll look forward to it.....just wondering about upgrading my ASG 1.2 to the ASG2 under the upgrade programme. Currently sat here listening to my AK100 with Tzar 350 and must say I have a grin from ear to ear :)

I can totally comment on the difference between the 1 and the 2 though. If it's in your budget and you have any inkling that you will enjoy the ASG-2, it's worth it.

PM me if you are interested in talking more. Let's leave this thread to more portable rig pics

May 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #4,369 of 37,652
Quote:
Hi Sara
Do you have UBER cable too
SQ is the best I ever heard to date
Minus : only fragile like Anakchan reviewed
As long we use with highly care it is no problem with UBER cable

Like pretty girl we must handle with care and high maintenance too
biggrin.gif

Aloha Rudi,  No I do not have the UBER although I've heard it is an excellent cable. And boy you are right on about handling with care and high maintenance too. You know what? I'm not pretty and I'm high maintenance 
tongue.gif
 LOL

I am going to be trying out a Mezzo cable with my FT!334s......I'll A/B to the 000......If I have anything significant to report I will.

May 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #4,370 of 37,652
On the sq I don't know. The Mezzo is the only AK I've heard and I eat only ramen noodles now....:p

The MS-AK100 to my ears is just a different flavor from the RWAK100. Both perform really well. I'd just personally feel the RWAK100 is warmer whilst the MS-AK100 leans toward the other side of the frequency. So it depends on one's preference (or earphones too actually).

May 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #4,371 of 37,652
Aloha Rudi,  No I do not have the UBER although I've heard it is an excellent cable. And boy you are right on about handling with care and high maintenance too. You know what? I'm not pretty and I'm high maintenance :p  LOL

I am going to be trying out a Mezzo cable with my FT!334s......I'll A/B to the 000......If I have anything significant to report I will.

We are the same Sara
I am ugly and very high maintenance:D
The important think audio is positive way for high maintenance .

May 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #4,372 of 37,652
Hi Milarepa,

I love your Whiplash Twag Gold.
How does it sound?
Is this the 4 or 8 conductor?
What kind of connector that you use?

I have a RWAK and TG334; looking to improve the cable sound with a more ergonomic type.

I really love your rig setting!

My newfound and finally really portable love: The Mezzo modded MS-AK100 w/Russian FW/Whiplash TWag Gold/TG!334, truly great synergy to my ears, even better than my brick setup.
The last pic is with my iphone 4 next to it for a reference to the AK's size.

May 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #4,373 of 37,652
Quote:
Hi Milarepa,

I love your Whiplash Twag Gold.
How does it sound?
Is this the 4 or 8 conductor?
What kind of connector that you use?

I have a RWAK and TG334; looking to improve the cable sound with a more ergonomic type.

I really love your rig setting!

Thank you for your nice words there lescanadiens.

I love that cable myself, it is the 8 conductor and out of the various cables I have tested with the 334s (alo,000,stock) this is by far the best in terms of comfort and sq for my tastes. It holds the least microphonics of those in mention and sq wise I'd say it brings the full body of the 000 sound without floating out in the bottom and at the same time it increases the treble like the alo but having slightly more space to it's presentation. I have mine terminated with a str8 Oyaide rhodium mini. I also no longer have to adjust the iems as they no longer pop out on me with this cable.

I have not been able to leave this rig alone since it got it, and still I'm stunned by the small size of such big sound.

May 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #4,374 of 37,652
People recommend me the 000 or Alo but never Whiplash. I am interested to follow your footsteps in order to complete my similar rig to you.

Been searching for a solution to my 334 situation and Whiplash maybe the answer.

Do you know the difference sound of these options on Whiplash' web?

8 conductor Twag v3 and TWcu v3 HYBRID 8 conductor
8 conductor Twag v3
8 conductor Twcu v3

I am quite new with them and overwhelmed when i read the choices on their order form.

Thanks so much :)

Thank you for your nice words there lescanadiens.

I love that cable myself, it is the 8 conductor and out of the various cables I have tested with the 334s (alo,000,stock) this is by far the best in terms of comfort and sq for my tastes. It holds the least microphonics of those in mention and sq wise I'd say it brings the full body of the 000 sound without floating out in the bottom and at the same time it increases the treble like the alo but having slightly more space to it's presentation. I have mine terminated with a str8 Oyaide rhodium mini. I also no longer have to adjust the iems as they no longer pop out on me with this cable.

I have not been able to leave this rig alone since it got it, and still I'm stunned by the small size of such big sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back