Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #3,512 of 37,620
Apr 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #3,513 of 37,620
Quote:
Only on Head-Fi is a $600 source and CIEMs is considered minimalistic.

Haha you'd be surprised, by any chance you are into camera-fi my portable camera setup Sony RX1 was minimalistic and just as pricey.

Quote:
wow, magic. how?

I wonder as well too, if an adapter that influence the music so much I don't see how it could be anything else apart from magic. Then there are those passive magic boxes some people swear by...

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #3,514 of 37,620
Iphone4 w/ streaming music from Pandora - Pico power - Solo-R - silver dragon IC's - HD600 w/ silver dragon V3

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #3,516 of 37,620
Don't know about K3003, but I know some people that complain about 334 and Miracle. Check out the new Tera thread for more info.

Mmm, don't think my 8ohm K3003s will like that....we'll see

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #3,517 of 37,620
Quote:
Glad you're happy with your TG334s! Happy Listening!

Here's my DX100, got from repair last Thursday with EX1000, M-100, all with ones and zeros. 
size]

Is it just me or is that actually the M-80 (V-80) and not the M-100?

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #3,518 of 37,620
wow, magic. how?

Haha you'd be surprised, by any chance you are into camera-fi my portable camera setup Sony RX1 was minimalistic and just as pricey.

I wonder as well too, if an adapter that influence the music so much I don't see how it could be anything else apart from magic. Then there are those passive magic boxes some people swear by...

You can try by your self with many single core cable like my DIY done for me , but not every cable has the same effect ,
One cable can has sound effect the other way round , if you put together has wider soundstage , his cable when I put together has narrow soundstage .

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #3,521 of 37,620

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #3,522 of 37,620
Quote:
Tell me about your RXMK3 - looks like it has a bass potentiometer. How do you like this amp?

Overall sound is good. Is above average quality. But this amp has a VERY plenty of power, so might suit MORE to a full-size cans rather than my iems. The bass knob effect is not like an usual bass booster on the other amps. It does do the boost, but in a smoothest way and for some they may find it too subtle. For bass head, they won't satisfied by its function. But in term of audiophile, i think i like it, though the bass on this thing is good already without necessarily switching ON the knob. Just to note, I have problem with the Volume pot "twice". The pot is not as smooth as the bass knob. Is kind of difficult for me to adjust and swing just by a little to get the perfect level of hearing. They just annoyed me much ! (my 2nd unit the vol pot is OK but....) and THAT static noise and channel imbalance in low volume range, makes it perfect for the hate !

Quote:
What is the best power amp from your amp collection from alo international , Rx 3 b , apex Glacier and pico power ?
Thank you

Power wise: RxMK3 > PICO Power ( i am not too sure about Glacier as they use button press to adjust the gain and i have yet tried it, but if out of the box is set at LOW gain, it could be Glacier is the winner), however, these three amps they do really capable of driving my HD650, "easily". And for IEMs use, Glacier can tolerate better. 
And btw...i don't like the way ALO do the gain on RxMK3...is like they have uneven distribution of current on each gain when u step up from one gain to another.

For the detail and clarity : Glacier > Pico Power > MK3 (but they all quite good in this respect)
For neutral presentation: different presentation but they all do quite neutral and smooth IMO.
For bass: Pico > MK3 > Glacier (they all have above average bass foundation and solidity).

If i would pick one just to pair with ipod alone...my pick would be PICO. Sound is very exciting. If i added DAC into the chain, my pick would be Glacier.

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #3,524 of 37,620
Look like this combo has very good synergy
How is the SQ your AHA129 direct with iPod classic ?
Has plenty of power to drive T5p?
Thank you

The AHA-120 and T5p is a very good match also without the CLAS it sounds very good. The AHA-120 is the best sounding portable I have had since I sold my LISA III some years ago. It has plenty of power and current when the AHA-120 is connected to a power source. I would like to compare it to the LISA III but they are hard to find around here.

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #3,525 of 37,620
During comparison of my rigs...came across my mind that i wish i just can grab this bundle all together and put it into my jean pocket...so when i am on the go, i don't have to worry of what kind of song i play to get the perfect sound....i call this a bundle of joy 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back