Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 11, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #2,731 of 37,646
Hey man, no harm done as long as she's happy 
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #2,732 of 37,646
Quote:
I try. Unfortunately, my wife has a rare nervous system disorder which eats up a lot of money.

Years ago I designed and produced a prototype paintball gun. It cost me: her new laptop, camera, a purse or two and many, many shoes. I discovered my key to marital happiness: I can buy anything I want as long as she thinks she's getting the better end of the deal.
tongue.gif
. If I first spend more on her, while quietly mentioning what I'd like to do next time funds free up, she'll be the one encouraging my purchases out of her own guilt. I'm a sick, twisted man.

A sick, twisted genius...

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #2,733 of 37,646
My philosophy is this:

As long as I provide for my family, I buy whatever the hell I want as long as my purchases don't interfere with the bills. 

Life is too short.

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #2,735 of 37,646
Quote:
My philosophy is this:

As long as I provide for my family, I buy whatever the hell I want as long as my purchases don't interfere with the bills. 

Life is too short.

*Sniffs* Ohhh sooo inspiring!

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #2,737 of 37,646
Quote:
I try. Unfortunately, my wife has a rare nervous system disorder which eats up a lot of money.

Years ago I designed and produced a prototype paintball gun. It cost me: her new laptop, camera, a purse or two and many, many shoes. I discovered my key to marital happiness: I can buy anything I want as long as she thinks she's getting the better end of the deal.
tongue.gif
. If I first spend more on her, while quietly mentioning what I'd like to do next time funds free up, she'll be the one encouraging my purchases out of her own guilt. I'm a sick, twisted man.

Believe me, you sound like a married man.  Boy do I know!!

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #2,738 of 37,646

Years ago I designed and produced a prototype paintball gun. It cost me: her new laptop, camera, a purse or two and many, many shoes. I discovered my key to marital happiness: I can buy anything I want as long as she thinks she's getting the better end of the deal. :p. If I first spend more on her, while quietly mentioning what I'd like to do next time funds free up, she'll be the one encouraging my purchases out of her own guilt. I'm a sick, twisted man.

See, this is what Head-Fi is all about...learning and sharing best practices. :)

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #2,739 of 37,646
Quick! Somebody go buy new gear and post pictures of it to get this thread back on track! I almost spawned a "how do you justify audiophile purchases to your spouse" thread. I do like the prakhar(sp?)'s 2 feet/2 shoes theory from earlier in this thread, though.

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #2,740 of 37,646
Quote:
Quick! Somebody go buy new gear and post pictures of it to get this thread back on track! I almost spawned a "how do you justify audiophile purchases to your spouse" thread. I do like the prakhar(sp?)'s 2 feet/2 shoes theory from earlier in this thread, though.

K. Here is my latest purchase of some high-end, single dynamic driver earbuds. They sound way better than my previous headphones, which were Beats.

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #2,741 of 37,646
Here ya go - 

iPhone 4s running EQ Pro > Silver Leopard LOD > TCG Audio T-Box > Sennheiser IE8's on Stock cable.

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #2,742 of 37,646
And more recent - 

4s with FiiO E17, Silver Leopard LOD, IE8's, This time on a Toxic Cables Silver Poison recable, Or alternatively Westone UM1's.
And in the last picture, My Sony Viao Pocket with the IE8's...

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #2,743 of 37,646
And VERY recently - 

iPod Classic 7th Gen 160gb. Silver Leopard LOD, iBasso Pelican PB2 & My Beyer Hybrids. 
These are a work in progress, DT531 drivers in DT770 Premium Enclosures on a 770 Pro Headband.
These are having a Balanced Copper Widow from Toxic Cables soon...

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #2,744 of 37,646
Nice rig, Paul!

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #2,745 of 37,646
Quote:
Nice rig, Paul!

Which one lol?
Thanks mate!, Ive come a long way since I joined here :)

Just wish I had the means to get a Solo or HP-P1 :frowning2: 
I dont even know anyone I can borrow one from lol. Oh well, One day perhaps! 

Just looking forward to my HD25 Balanced White Widow when it comes and the DB2 on loan.

But next on my list is definately a recable for the Beyer hybrids, an iDevice DAC and the DB2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back