Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #1,441 of 37,643
I have never seen the M-Stage? How come. This is not too big at all, thinner than iPhone 4 and a inch longer. Not to heavy either. M-Stage can not be used as a DAC for absolutely anything (minus amp3 players without bluetooth) like this.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,442 of 37,643
What's the battery life with the Nexus/BT/Amp setup? And does the Nexus transmit the audio uncompressed? I read that the S3 can do this, so I'm guessing it can.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #1,443 of 37,643
OOh, i have not actually ran it out yet. I have been going at least 7 hours at a time with the 1866 on BT, maybe more as i am charging to be on the safe side. The N7 easily out lasts that, that thing never runs out.

I am not sure what you mean there. It is sending the audio as digital, not analog because you us the 1866 DAC and amp. It is lossless as well because i have been using FLAC and WAV and it sounds amazing for sure!

With the Cosmic Ears MA2 as this thread is all about the pics!

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #1,445 of 37,643
Does anyone still use A2DP?

I think Bluetooth has come on a bit since then.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #1,448 of 37,643
I thought bluetooth transfers the files digitally and the decoding is done by the DAC, or am I wrong?

What if it is just done like a file transfer and the DAC does all the rest, or is it not as simple?

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #1,449 of 37,643
There's not enough bandwidth to just transport the original PCM data, untouched. Lossy transcoding must be done before wireless transport. The default codec is SBC, which is supported everywhere but is pretty bad. There are optional codecs allowed by the A2DP spec, among which, apt-X (which is allegedly transparent, but has very limited support), and apparently, AAC-LC (which should also be transparent, supported by iOS Apple devices). Apple recommends using AAC for all accessories designed for their products.

The big question is, what does the MyST support? The product page doesn't say anything at all.

Edit: and I don't know why the spec didn't allow for just transporting the original AAC or MP3 files untouched as data, and including those decoders with every receiver. Price maybe? All I know is that everything gets systematically transcoded.

Edit 2: even the $500 Parrot Zik bluetooth headphones use SBC. Blah!

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #1,450 of 37,643
Quote:
The epitome of laziness right here. 

Quote:
Don't think he/she can upload pictures yet, it's there 2nd post.

Quote:
I think coz he can't post picture yet..

Sorry for that i just cant upload an image here "There was a problem submitting this to the server. Please try again." 

ive tried to upload it but it doesnt post oh no!

this is my Sony Walkman Z and Audio Technica ATH-M50 i can go anywhere with those even im naked 

by the way im just a newbie got 3problems

this is my Sony Walkman Z and Audio Technica ATH-M50 i can go anywhere with those even im naked 

by the way im just a newbie got 3problems
1st.i need a charger (ac adapter )
2nd. need high quality of songs for free do you where?
3rd. do i have to buy dac or amp and which kind?

thank youu

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #1,451 of 37,643

Why would you go anywhere naked, dude... Where do you put the Walkman if you decide to "go anywhere" naked?

for the questions, post them in appropriate thread. Plus, you can actually google the answer for number 2, go to an electronic store for no 1 and look for the Sony Z thread for no. 3

I'll help with the pic

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #1,454 of 37,643

Why would you go anywhere naked, dude... Where do you put the Walkman if you decide to "go anywhere" naked?

for the questions, post them in appropriate thread. Plus, you can actually google the answer for number 2, go to an electronic store for no 1 and look for the Sony Z thread for no. 3

I'll help with the pic

Do you ever see those rubber band fiio or some other manufacturer gave you? you use that to latch your DAP stack to your body no?

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #1,455 of 37,643
Quote:
Keeping it simple today...

Are those the Active line of Complys? How do you like them? They look scratchy and uncomfortable, but I find that my T-400/TX-100 (Isolation line) fall out easily. What do you think of their comfort/isolation compared to other tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back