Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 14, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #22,459 of 37,652
question to all.....i know X5 gen 3 is not release it yet, I'm think upgrade my dx50.

I don't know which one I should get.....Opus 1 or fiio x5III....what is you guys think?

Thanks

Hard to say without hearing both. I'm hoping to set some point, but I'm not sure when FiiO will get their tour going and where they'll slot me in...

If you don't need online streaming I would go for the opus

Have you heard FiiO X5 v3?

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #22,460 of 37,652
When the brain/ears hear a different signature (different headphone etc) it firstly determines if (you) enjoy it, if so new toy syndrome sets in. Because the sound is entirely different and new, upstairs becomes completely entertained. After about a week it will settle down and your real opinion will be formed. Regardless it's fun.
Just rotate your gear. Every 6 months take out an old dap and headphone and wow.

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #22,462 of 37,652
That's what I try to do, but a heck of a lot more frequently than every 6 months :wink:
by doing this old gear gets bew life. Ones ear gets tricked into thinking "wow Im listening to all my old music in a new way" Every six months youll be saying that.

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #22,465 of 37,652
Unless @Tokyoghoul has heard both, I'd be patient and wait for people who've heard both to answer your question. That's just me, though. I like to make a well-informed decision whenever possible.

yes, I should be patient...but it's so hard!! 
blink.gif

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #22,469 of 37,652

That's what I try to do, but a heck of a lot more frequently than every 6 months :wink:

by doing this old gear gets bew life. Ones ear gets tricked into thinking "wow Im listening to all my old music in a new way" Every six months youll be saying that.

​I will stop doing that anyways as i consider the WM1A to be my end-game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back