1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. gmahler2u
    question to all.....i know X5 gen 3 is not release it yet, I'm think upgrade my dx50.

I don't know which one I should get.....Opus 1 or fiio x5III....what is you guys think?

Thanks

2. justrest

Nice couple.
    which one do you prefer?

3. Tokyoghoul
    If you don't need online streaming I would go for the opus

4. nmatheis Contributor

Hard to say without hearing both. I'm hoping to set some point, but I'm not sure when FiiO will get their tour going and where they'll slot me in...

Have you heard FiiO X5 v3?

5. jmills8
    Just rotate your gear. Every 6 months take out an old dap and headphone and wow.

6. nmatheis Contributor

That's what I try to do, but a heck of a lot more frequently than every 6 months :wink:

7. jmills8
    by doing this old gear gets bew life. Ones ear gets tricked into thinking "wow Im listening to all my old music in a new way" Every six months youll be saying that.

8. gmahler2u
    that's good idea, I don't really need online stream.  

9. nmatheis Contributor

Unless Tokyoghoul has heard both, I'd be patient and wait for people who've heard both to answer your question. That's just me, though. I like to make a well-informed decision whenever possible.

10. gmahler2u
    yes, I should be patient...but it's so hard!! [​IMG]

11. nmatheis Contributor

I know, there are so many new toys all the time. It's hard for us headfi'ers to be patient :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. H20Fidelity Contributor

I do this myself, but rotate more on a daily basis. 3 different setups I rotate, had more at one stage but it was getting a bit silly.

13. gmahler2u
    Yes, I just want to escape from ipod classic and dx50...i had it for 6+years....I like to have some change..

14. gerelmx1986

​I will stop doing that anyways as i consider the WM1A to be my end-game

15. Mimouille
    I am deep in silly territory.