Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 19, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #12,016 of 37,644
Ah, I see. Do you happen to know where one can buy a 6FT cable? I tried some 3.5mm cables lying around, but none fit because of the stupid jack. 

May 19, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #12,017 of 37,644
Ah, I see. Do you happen to know where one can buy a 6FT cable? I tried some 3.5mm cables lying around, but none fit because of the stupid jack. 

I believe SoundMAGIC don't make any other cables besides the two you already have and the coiled one, which is shorter and heavier. Best you use the stock cable, with a 1-2m extension cable attached, seeing that no jacks will fit into the headphones (due to proprietary entry). There was a guy in the HP100 thread who modified a V-Moda cable to fit, but as said, it requires modifications.

May 19, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #12,020 of 37,644
Ak240 & Ref1

No need for an external Amp (or HUGO) I suppose ?
Did you tried to see if it improve Ref1's SQ even more than strait out of the AK240 ?

May 19, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #12,021 of 37,644
No need for an external Amp (or HUGO) I suppose ?
Did you tried to see if it improve Ref1's SQ even more than strait out of the AK240 ?

My opinion, no need for an external amp. Would something external help? Maybe, depending on what the external component is but "need"? Nope.

So far I'm looking at portability (this is a portable pic thread afterall :wink:), so I've not tried amping it. I think different amps would change the way it sounds subtly however I don't know if I'd say that it's "better".

But one modification which would improve the above configuration is balancing the cable. I've already tried it at the Fujiya show with a Whiplash TWAu balanced into the AK240.

May 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #12,024 of 37,644

Portable doesn't strictly mean "down the street" - it might be a setup you take around the house, to work etc

I think most people use the word "portable" as going places. I can understand need for doing things around the house, but that is not what some of these setup's are used for. I think if it's for work, then wouldn't that just be a regular setup? I guess if it was "transportable", but I can't understand the "portable" part. 

May 20, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #12,026 of 37,644
http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/5940117-the-included-equalizer-is-extremely-powerful-with anybody with a windows phone, I want you to vote on this. (off topic I know.. But its important.)

Sorry about the post on top; the mobile version of the site didn't allow me to quote the post and reply.

May 20, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #12,027 of 37,644
I think most people use the word "portable" as going places. I can understand need for doing things around the house, but that is not what some of these setup's are used for. I think if it's for work, then wouldn't that just be a regular setup? I guess if it was "transportable", but I can't understand the "portable" part. 

If I may help, the mid-fi photo thread has more portable rigs :) I agree big rigs belong in home head-fi. If you need a rucksack to carry kit then whether it is wall powered makes no material difference when power sockets are everywhere

May 20, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #12,028 of 37,644
Today I have the chance to hear ALO International +

The different between ALO International and International +

International + :
DAC Is IDevice like iPhone 5 s and IPad Air ready for use

The physik is lighter

Can be charge with micro USB .

My short impression :

High : more detail , better clarity
Mid : more clear and better pronounce
Bass : has better bass detail , but not as deep as Imternational
Separation : better than international
Soundstage : wider , the depth International is better

Overall : SQ has improvement in detail and clarity , wider soundstage , I remember sound character like my Duet , Duet has more balance

IMO

Is that Mike's Samsung and headfonia table? :D:D:D

May 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #12,029 of 37,644
  It seems (part XV) was getting a little congested...
So we'll start fresh...

RingingEars, congratulations on the raging success of this thread!  It continues to be awesome!

May 20, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #12,030 of 37,644
add some carbon fiber on my rig ;D 
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back