Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 8, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #9,376 of 37,703
Sean made his own WM-port LOD :-

But I think Rudi may provide clearer clarification as to what is being tested though. I was also a little confused with the 1st pix when he has the mini-2-mini bridge between the ZX1 & PHA2 at the ZX1's headphone out which led to your question of double amping.

Assuming that the picture there isn't what being tested, then maybe Setup A should be more defined as :-
Transport: Sony WM-ZX1

Source/Amp: PHA-2

Set up B :
Transport: Sony WM-ZX1
Source: PHA-2
Amp: Mass Ko Bo 385

But if the 1st pic is really what's being tested (not knowing what the back of that looks like), then Rudi is really double amping and that could be a reason why Setup A doesn't sound so good.

P.S. Did I just refer to myself as the 3rd person again?!

Thank you Sean and George
You are right I make in set up A double amping

George :

I will try lod to mini follow your recommendation for my Sony WM ZX 1
Like I done for my I devices

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #9,378 of 37,703

Phone snap of what's keeping me awake at the office today 
smile.gif

DX50 -> DIY silver IC w. shortened Neutriks -> Ibasso PB2 -> DIY Heir Magnus cable w. shortened Hirose & angled Westone connectors. 

does any IEM can be balance just by terminating it balance plug like hirose? or is it just you K10? pardon my stupidity of not researching.

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #9,379 of 37,703
Today i have The chance to tested Alpha Dog at our local dealer Store

Source : DX 50
Amp : Cypherlabs Duet
Headphones : Alpha Dog 3 D printed
Mad Dog

Looking good Rudi! You really are one lucky fellow! 
How does the Duet perform up against the SR71B, National, RX3 & Intruder etc?

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #9,380 of 37,703
  does any IEM can be balance just by terminating it balance plug like hirose? or is it just you K10? pardon my stupidity of not researching.

Sure you can, but some might improve more from it than others. Only thing is that you need 4 wires end-to-end.

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #9,381 of 37,703
I'm not sure where I read Grado headphones cannot do EDM genres very well, I seem to be loving it? Possibly because of their labeled lacking low end. Seems fine to me. Isolation though is near 0%, I can hear traffic and all sorts of things (indoors) I must admit being a fan of brighter signatures I've fallen in love with the Grado sound, and soon, maybe in the not to distant future this pair of SR80i will be replaced by SR325. 

What is the mp3 player in that photo? I love the look of it..:)

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #9,382 of 37,703
What is the mp3 player in that photo? I love the look of it..:)

Xuelin IHIFI 760. It leans towards warm and musical. And it weighs 250 grams if I remember correctly. Takes a Samsung galaxy S4 battery, supports true line out for amping. You could literally kill someone with it - it's that heavy.

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #9,383 of 37,703
Xuelin IHIFI 760. It leans towards warm and musical. And it weighs 250 grams if I remember correctly. Takes a Samsung galaxy S4 battery, supports true line out for amping. You could literally kill someone with it - it's that heavy.

I was reading about that player and by the sounds of it it's probably very similar to the fiio x3 when you use line out, the only downside of the Xuelin IHIFI 760 is that is only expands to 32gb

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #9,384 of 37,703
Looking good Rudi! You really are one lucky fellow! 
How does the Duet perform up against the SR71B, National, RX3 & Intruder etc?

Thank you Paul
I have heard yesterday Only 10 Minute , thats can not say Which ones is better .
I am waiting My Duet In Silver and My Theorem In copper finish .
I Hope i can receive In This week Than i can do The comparison.

From 10 Minute Time :
Duet is very Good amp , very Good detail and very Good separation.
If you like Theorem sound quality , you Will Love Duet .

My concern that The Power is not bigger than Alo Rx 3 B For driving My Abyss headphone .
Yesterday i tried With Alpha Dog , The Power is very Good
I have The feeling below Rx 3 B
Let Me see My Duet than

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #9,389 of 37,703
We will call him "The Mathematician". He who has two Theorems in his name.

Rumour has it, he has names for both of his Theorems, and they are: Pythagoras and Fermat.

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #9,390 of 37,703
Rocco BA & Rhapsodio RDB V1 Mini.

Can be a touch sibilant. 
rolleyes.gif
 But it's a nice pairing with the right genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back