Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 3, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #8,462 of 37,653
No not the same SQ
the iPad 4 and iPad air , after connect to hi fi M8 has different SQ , this happened to my iPhones 4 s and 4g have different SQ as well
I don't know why , it is different for every IDevice if you connect to any idevice dac
IMO

And remember...he is one of the member who has supersonic ears...even can tell difference in SQ by just changing with different battery..just like Daredevil can do after that accident :D :D :D

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #8,463 of 37,653
Thank you for your explanation Lee
It is different between one idevice to other iDevice
Until know my best SQ is iPhone 4 s mod

I have not compare to iPad air now

IMO

thank you rudi , I guess what lee explains makes sense , maybe the ipad air have a better data transfer circuits compared to the other one, thanks rudi

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #8,464 of 37,653

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #8,465 of 37,653
And remember...he is one of the member who has supersonic ears...even can tell difference in SQ by just changing with different battery..just like Daredevil can do after that accident :D :D :D

You think i am a batman hahaha
Everybody can hear the different from the battery replacement

if you fly to jakarta please call me
We sit and chat together to share our audio experiance at stc

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #8,467 of 37,653
And remember...he is one of the member who has supersonic ears...even can tell difference in SQ by just changing with different battery..just like Daredevil can do after that accident
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Supersonic ears must be right!  Better data transfer circuits?  
blink.gif

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #8,470 of 37,653
New toy finally arrived today
Lots of burn in required for this baby

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #8,473 of 37,653
My Prototype of Project Palaios, PP-P?, finally has a case. XD

^ I hate multi-stranded wire...the things broke twice on me >.>

The potentiometer turns really easily, but luckily the 6.3 mm hole I drilled in the case has a snug fit and it's harder to turn now.

Hey mouseblue gorgeous workmanship on that little amp of yours young bopper. It's probably one of the cleanest setups I've seen yet. How long did it take you to cobble it together and please do tell us if you designed the circuit yourself or if you got the idea online.

:beerchug:

Hey-yo DigitalFreak!

I didn't design the amp's circuitry as I'm not proficient at that kind of stuff, but it is a prototype of this one:
http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=597

The prototype has a switch to turn on/off, whereas the final version has that implemented in the volume knob.

I merely soldered the through-hole components and found a case for the prototype. XD
The potentiometer is taller than the Alps RK097 one that I used in a Tangentsoft CMoy, so I had to find a case taller than the typical Altoids tin.

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #8,474 of 37,653
Hey-yo DigitalFreak!

I didn't design the amp's circuitry as I'm not proficient at that kind of stuff, but it is a prototype of this one:
http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=597

The prototype has a switch to turn on/off, whereas the final version has that implemented in the volume knob.

I merely soldered the through-hole components and found a case for the prototype. XD
The potentiometer is taller than the Alps RK097 one that I used in a Tangentsoft CMoy, so I had to find a case taller than the typical Altoids tin.

One thing to note about this amp is there's a limit on the source voltage coming into this amp. It can't be something too powerful like the HM-901's lineout to this amp, but something like the AK120 worked well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back