Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 1, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #121 of 37,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan 

Rig spotted at the Tokyo Headphone Festival today
biggrin.gif

(the ipod usb/lod is hanging out because he had just been testing another unit)-(also usually the ipod would also be strapped in.)

It wasn`t my rig, Just a monster I spotted in the wild.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #122 of 37,602
Nov 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #125 of 37,602

Edit: This is my rig:

Samsung Galaxy SIII>FLAC (@24/96)>Apex Glacier DAC Section (Cirrus-Logic)>Apex Glacier Amp Section>Various Cans

So, this is digital output :)

A couple drops of super glue and some creative twisting to get compact and organize the cable solution. No unnecessary tension, and the space occupied by the cable stuff would've been empty anyway, so it doesn't add any thickness. 

The overall thickness of the entire setup is a little over 1 inch :). My customs are coming in next week from their reshell so at that point I'll post both of my variants of my rig :wink:

Kojaku

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #126 of 37,602
I marvel at our collective creativity!

Nov 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #129 of 37,602

There's far less extension beyond the bottom of the phone when compared to traditiomal lods. Plus, the extra wiring simply occupies the space between the bottom of the phone and the bottom of the glacier, so it occupies space which wouldve otherwise just been empty bridge space. Plus there's no pressure on the fires at all so it'll last :). I was being pragmatic for the sake of having a 1.1-inch thick 24/96 DAC with a Pete Millett designed amp section :wink:

Kojaku

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #130 of 37,602
Quote:
There's far less extension beyond the bottom of the phone when compared to traditiomal lods. Plus, the extra wiring simply occupies the space between the bottom of the phone and the bottom of the glacier, so it occupies space which wouldve otherwise just been empty bridge space. Plus there's no pressure on the fires at all so it'll last
smily_headphones1.gif
. I was being pragmatic for the sake of having a 1.1-inch thick 24/96 DAC with a Pete Millett designed amp section
wink.gif

Kojaku

Nice rig Kojaku!

Great seeing some more S3 rigs making it on here, possibly the first real non-iPhone option for portable audio for audiophiles.

The Glacier uses a micro USB input right? If that is the case the Hakshop USB OTG cable is worth looking at as a single-cable solution (it doesn't terminate in a female USB, but rather a micro USB). I have one, but don't have a DAC that takes micro USB input yet, will confirm whether it works or not when I get my Leckerton.

Still haven't worked out how to make my rig tidy, but then I haven't settled which device to use (will probably be the RSA Intruder I am presently using, but have to try the Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII I've also ordered first).

Should be getting the HE-6 soon too, will be nice to be able to power that off a portable rig.

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #131 of 37,602
Not sure why the quote from my previous post was duplicated here, deleted.

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #132 of 37,602
Nov 2, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #135 of 37,602

Users who are viewing this thread

Back