Aaah, new thread. Very nice. Obviously, subscribted!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
stock cable, just shortened by about 40cm, sheathed and then re-terminated with the oyaide - is rather nice
Now where is the head-fi store so I can pick some up?!
Very nice, I will have the same setup with the addition of a TTVJ Slim amp.
Edited by retrophonic - 10/27/12 at 3:37pm
From the previous thread. Like I said there, this is my "rig" mostly for traveling in vehicles.
This is what I use the rare times that I walk around and listen to music. I like to be able to hear what is going on around me. (after taking that picture, the cable bent like that is really bothering me )
I don't like to lug too much around
Still using the same rig, and the same photo!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There is probably a new LOD in the works, as there usually is, and I just bought a pair of GR07 mkii, so they might make an appearance soon.
Where do you get your cable components?
The wire is from Toxic Cables. ( Go to the ebay store - the website is not up to date )
The westone style connector pins are from lunashops, but Toxic stock them now too.
The jack plug is also from Lunashops.
The chin slider and Y splitter I made up myself from alumininum tube and wood.
Hope that helps :D
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
How are these bad boys?
i'm impressed by the sound. plus they are light,comfortable and and isolate well--even without noise guard. enabled it gives a degree amplifcation and bass boost. call quality is good. in a *very* noisy room i got a complaint of a"pots and pans" noise. i imagine it was the mic adjusting between my voice and the background noise. it could have easily been my beard or locs brushing against the hidden mic. i've only been told of this issue 2 or 3 times in the months i owned the 'phones. the swap-able battery is an awesome feature. the spare can be charged outside of the 'phones (via usb) and stores nicely in the zippered pocket on the case. i had a difficult time convincing myself to buy them without listening first(something about the apple store give me the heebie jeebies) but i don't regret taking the plunge.
Rig spotted at the Tokyo Headphone Festival today
(the ipod usb/lod is hanging out because he had just been testing another unit)-(also usually the ipod would also be strapped in.)
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 27 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 54 seconds ago
- › Review and Comparison of the $200 Open-Back Underdogs: The AKG K612... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ~$200 Gaming Setup 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude