Aaah, new thread. Very nice. Obviously, subscribted!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 5/12/13 at 2:30am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 4/6/13 at 10:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
stock cable, just shortened by about 40cm, sheathed and then re-terminated with the oyaide - is rather nice
Now where is the head-fi store so I can pick some up?!
Very nice, I will have the same setup with the addition of a TTVJ Slim amp.
Edited by retrophonic - 10/27/12 at 3:37pm
From the previous thread. Like I said there, this is my "rig" mostly for traveling in vehicles.
This is what I use the rare times that I walk around and listen to music. I like to be able to hear what is going on around me. (after taking that picture, the cable bent like that is really bothering me )
I don't like to lug too much around
Still using the same rig, and the same photo!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There is probably a new LOD in the works, as there usually is, and I just bought a pair of GR07 mkii, so they might make an appearance soon.
Where do you get your cable components?
The wire is from Toxic Cables. ( Go to the ebay store - the website is not up to date )
The westone style connector pins are from lunashops, but Toxic stock them now too.
The jack plug is also from Lunashops.
The chin slider and Y splitter I made up myself from alumininum tube and wood.
Hope that helps :D
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
How are these bad boys?
i'm impressed by the sound. plus they are light,comfortable and and isolate well--even without noise guard. enabled it gives a degree amplifcation and bass boost. call quality is good. in a *very* noisy room i got a complaint of a"pots and pans" noise. i imagine it was the mic adjusting between my voice and the background noise. it could have easily been my beard or locs brushing against the hidden mic. i've only been told of this issue 2 or 3 times in the months i owned the 'phones. the swap-able battery is an awesome feature. the spare can be charged outside of the 'phones (via usb) and stores nicely in the zippered pocket on the case. i had a difficult time convincing myself to buy them without listening first(something about the apple store give me the heebie jeebies) but i don't regret taking the plunge.
Rig spotted at the Tokyo Headphone Festival today
(the ipod usb/lod is hanging out because he had just been testing another unit)-(also usually the ipod would also be strapped in.)
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 9 seconds ago
- › Questions about cables for computer Hi-Fi system 25 seconds ago
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 31 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 44 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 49 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 1 minute ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 minute ago
- › Full-sized headphone that does metal decently? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe