Aaah, new thread. Very nice. Obviously, subscribted!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 5/12/13 at 2:30am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 4/6/13 at 10:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
stock cable, just shortened by about 40cm, sheathed and then re-terminated with the oyaide - is rather nice
Now where is the head-fi store so I can pick some up?!
Very nice, I will have the same setup with the addition of a TTVJ Slim amp.
Edited by retrophonic - 10/27/12 at 3:37pm
From the previous thread. Like I said there, this is my "rig" mostly for traveling in vehicles.
This is what I use the rare times that I walk around and listen to music. I like to be able to hear what is going on around me. (after taking that picture, the cable bent like that is really bothering me )
I don't like to lug too much around
Still using the same rig, and the same photo!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There is probably a new LOD in the works, as there usually is, and I just bought a pair of GR07 mkii, so they might make an appearance soon.
Where do you get your cable components?
The wire is from Toxic Cables. ( Go to the ebay store - the website is not up to date )
The westone style connector pins are from lunashops, but Toxic stock them now too.
The jack plug is also from Lunashops.
The chin slider and Y splitter I made up myself from alumininum tube and wood.
Hope that helps :D
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
How are these bad boys?
i'm impressed by the sound. plus they are light,comfortable and and isolate well--even without noise guard. enabled it gives a degree amplifcation and bass boost. call quality is good. in a *very* noisy room i got a complaint of a"pots and pans" noise. i imagine it was the mic adjusting between my voice and the background noise. it could have easily been my beard or locs brushing against the hidden mic. i've only been told of this issue 2 or 3 times in the months i owned the 'phones. the swap-able battery is an awesome feature. the spare can be charged outside of the 'phones (via usb) and stores nicely in the zippered pocket on the case. i had a difficult time convincing myself to buy them without listening first(something about the apple store give me the heebie jeebies) but i don't regret taking the plunge.
Rig spotted at the Tokyo Headphone Festival today
(the ipod usb/lod is hanging out because he had just been testing another unit)-(also usually the ipod would also be strapped in.)
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG K701 vs. Audio Technica ATH-W5000 vs. Ultimate Ears Triple.fi... 12 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 33 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser RS220 Availability? 36 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 36 seconds ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 1 minute ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe