Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #10,321 of 37,643
Thanks guys.  Good thing is I'm 38, so I don't have to rely on parents anymore for my purchases 
wink.gif

Though wife approval is sometimes still necessary.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #10,322 of 37,643
Got a second-hand Sansa Fuze from someone else on head-fi as a trade for my MTPGs. Combined with the C&C BH2, I have my backup portable rig.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #10,324 of 37,643
Thanks guys.  Good thing is I'm 38, so I don't have to rely on parents anymore for my purchases :wink:

Though wife approval is sometimes still necessary.

So true ... So true... :)

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #10,325 of 37,643
  And what's your primary rig? I have a c&c bh2 combined with an 3rd gen iPod. Wanna know what the next step up is. :)

My primary rig is a DX50 hooked up to an Apex Glacier. The DAP is the logical next-step up, the amp probably more like 2 or 3 steps 
redface.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #10,326 of 37,643
  Got a second-hand Sansa Fuze from someone else on head-fi as a trade for my MTPGs. Combined with the C&C BH2, I have my backup portable rig.

What's the rockbox skin your using?

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #10,332 of 37,643
  Yeah, how do you like them?

Quote:
  How are the HD-25s?

They're a really cool portable, one of the best I've heard regardless of their age, a little aggressive sounding but terribly versatile to many genre's, and especially great at executing EDM and techno. they're basically a living legend and something not unlike ER4S everyone should try once. Usually when I get a piece of gear I sell in about a month and try something else, though every so often something comes along I simply must keep. HD251-ii is one of those headphones. They actually stay paired with my black 2nd edition Studio and the photo above is more for eye candy.

If you want something for on the go and just simply fun, keep your eye out for a pair Lee. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #10,334 of 37,643

They're a really cool portable, one of the best I've heard regardless of their age, a little aggressive sounding but terribly versatile to many genre's, and especially great at executing EDM and techno. they're basically a living legend and something not unlike ER4S everyone should try once. Usually when I get a piece of gear I sell in about a month and try something else, though every so often something comes along I simply must keep. HD251-ii is one of those headphones. They actually stay paired with my black 2nd edition Studio and the photo above is more for eye candy.

If you want something for on the go and just simply fun, keep your eye out for a pair Lee. 

I had a pair and I liked them very much. Very fun headphones though not particularly detailed. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #10,335 of 37,643
  I'll keep them in mind. I think they shared a similar sound signature to the IE80s? I'd probably like them then.

I haven't heard IE80. Digital Freak loves his pair, Toxic has a set, every part is user replaceable. People do crazy mods to them  such as adding Toxic silver cables. You can turn the cups upside down and use HD600 /HD650 cables, crazy stuff. 
tongue.gif

http://cdn.head-fi.org/e/e7/200x200px-ZC-e714f412_IMG_3237.jpeg

I had a pair and I liked them very much. Very fun headphones though not particularly detailed. 

I don't know about that Lin, the Studio V extracts a fair amount of detail from them for my standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back