Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #10,111 of 37,669
Not too sure, but I think you're right.

I just saw them at my workplace for sale so I thought it'd be cool to use them for plug and play purposes, but I guess not.

If the speakers have a power switch then they already have an amp and power source so driving them isn't a problem. If they don't have a power source then it all depends on how strong your amp is

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #10,113 of 37,669
OK Gentlemen, as a DAP newbie (I should say outside of iDevices) I'm about to take the plunge and want to know what I should buy under $300US? I am leaning to the DX50 however I'm open to suggestions:) More than likely I'll be pairing it with a C5 and hopefully in the near future I'm going with my first CIEM (not going to mess around with this one as it will probably be Roxanne's or Kaiser's). 

With that said there is a lot of knowledge and experience out here and I'm looking for some affirmation my choices here are good ones I'm familiar with JDS and RSA amps but am open to other's ie: iBasso etc. as well as DAP's X3? Many here have heard many different variations first hand so I'm hoping I put my first non iDevice DAP system together that has great synergy. I also realize this proposed system setup could give me more feedback than I could read in a month much less disseminate :-0 However I have great respect in your opinions so let the games begin:wink:

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #10,114 of 37,669
Thank you Nico for sharing
I am falling in love with the Ko Jo Km 01 Tsugaru Blue special edition
I merited Tsugaru Blue directly and divorce my Ko Jo KM 01 brass edition
But don't worry my friend directly merry my Ko Jo KM 01 brass edition , because so beautiful my Ko Jo KM 01 Brass edition , within 10 minute already gone
biggrin.gif

Rudi, a quick freindly suggestion - pls keep this blue one away from me during my next visit.

Also it keep away from this "TheMiddleSky" chap! 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #10,117 of 37,669
  I suggest everyone posts a picture of their entire collection!

Don't try to get me into trouble.
wink.gif

Quote:
  Analogy --> I would rather having 20 pretty and special lovers than Only one Super Beauty ........(Bored)

Are you able to make more than just one work at any one time? :)

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #10,118 of 37,669
Hahahaha... i need to stay away from head-fi these days, frequent quarrel with my wallet. Lol

Man... It was v-day yesterday! Don't try to get the married / in relationship men in trouble with that picture xP

And if were to post all our rig here, I think ClieOS will dominate one whole page... Or two... Or three... XD tons of IEMs he own xD

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #10,120 of 37,669
Plug them into the DAC's line out, if there's one.
^ MrAdrian is right, just use line out from your DAP to avoid double amping
If the speakers have a power switch then they already have an amp and power source so driving them isn't a problem. If they don't have a power source then it all depends on how strong your amp is

Alright, thanks for the advice guys!
I think I'll skip the speakers since I don't own a DAC, nor do I think my amp has enough juice to power them.

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #10,121 of 37,669
I have an Audioengine A2 and it doesn't make a whole lot of difference whether it's from the line out or double amped. 

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #10,122 of 37,669
I have an Audioengine A2 and it doesn't make a whole lot of difference whether it's from the line out or double amped. 

I see, thanks for that. :)

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #10,125 of 37,669
  No they are not mine, I just want to share the pics (actually one of them is belong to Rudi) 
tongue.gif

Wow, you and Rudi are lucky. These look super good and am sure sound great too.

I went to our "friendly" local store today to try the red & blue versions and see which would suit my rig, iem and musical preference. Unfortunately I was denied a demo as these are not available for trial, but only meant for sale. Quite obviously I was not prepared to put money (considerable amount for me) on the table without the opportunity to try these. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back