Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 18, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #842 of 37,656
How do you transport a rig like that. I find even the ZO2 a pain to carry around.

I'm trying to visualize how I can carry something like that as I carry a messenger bag loaded with a laptop & papers.:popcorn:
Quote:

For iPad I put in my sling bag from Gucci

And for my rigs I put on small foto bag

I hear only insite my car , because Jakarta traffic jam very bad , sometimes you must sit in the car for 3 hours for 30 km distance .

I want share my extreme transportable rig

Source : iPad 4 64 Gb

Dac : cyberlabs Class solo tactical Edition

Amp : Tralucent audio T 1

Headphone : LCD rev 3 With Angle Jack

Cable / Connector : lightning adaptor to 30 Pin lod

Lod to USB 8 braid Silver solid core

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #844 of 37,656
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Congratulation longbowbbs
You can try like my extrem set up with your iPad 3
The sound quality between iPad 3 and iPad 4 is not so big
iPad 4 has better background noise compare to iPad 3 , the rest are the same .

I'll get some pics up this weekend when I get home from work.

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #845 of 37,656
@Unkle: I use that theme on my Rockboxed Sansa Fuze :beerchug:

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #846 of 37,656
Ok so you know how you sometimes dig out all your old and unused gear just to double check if there is anything usable in there, and almost always, there isn't.. Sometimes however you find a thing or two that you think could be of some use, you may even pair a few things together and voila: New gadget you need to find a use for! This kinda happened to me yesterday evening, and I must say, I'm quite pleased with the result :) Just came back from the gym where this neat little portable rig felt right at home! This is IMO a perfect gym rig, as I am able to use my phone as a DAP (all my HQ files are on my phone anyway as it is my main DAP), but I can safely store my phone in my gym bag as it is wirelessly connected to a small Bluetooth receiver. This bt receiver has multimedia controls and a built in microphone, so I have no trouble answering calls during a workout. It has it's own volume knob, which is much more practical to use than the volume rocker on the Fiio E5 it is connected to. The Fiio nicely compensates where the bt receiver lacks in e.g. power, volume and especially bass and drives my UE 350's really well. The UE 350's have comply-foam tips to ensure that they will stay in my ears all gym session long without any risk of falling out.

The bt receiver and the Fiio are attached to each other via the belt clips on the back of both units, so no extra straps or wraps. I had to slightly modify the clip of the bt receiver to get it to fit perfectly, but this modification was made with a knife and took like 3 mins to do! :) When they are attached to each other this way you can still clamp it to you shirt or pants. 

Overall SQ is more than satisfying for the gym, especially considering the ultra-low budget price on this complete rig (except for the phone ofc..). The funny thing about this rig is that it's most expensive part (by far) is the Btg-audio interconnect :D O, and look how nicely it fits into the TF10 case!

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #847 of 37,656
Quote:

Ok so you know how you sometimes dig out all your old and unused gear just to double check if there is anything usable in there, and almost always, there isn't.. Sometimes however you find a thing or two that you think could be of some use, you may even pair a few things together and voila: New gadget you need to find a use for! This kinda happened to me yesterday evening, and I must say, I'm quite pleased with the result :) Just came back from the gym where this neat little portable rig felt right at home! This is IMO a perfect gym rig, as I am able to use my phone as a DAP (all my HQ files are on my phone anyway as it is my main DAP), but I can safely store my phone in my gym bag as it is wirelessly connected to a small Bluetooth receiver. This bt receiver has multimedia controls and a built in microphone, so I have no trouble answering calls during a workout. It has it's own volume knob, which is much more practical to use than the volume rocker on the Fiio E5 it is connected to. The Fiio nicely compensates where the bt receiver lacks in e.g. power, volume and especially bass and drives my UE 350's really well. The UE 350's have comply-foam tips to ensure that they will stay in my ears all gym session long without any risk of falling out.

The bt receiver and the Fiio are attached to each other via the belt clips on the back of both units, so no extra straps or wraps. I had to slightly modify the clip of the bt receiver to get it to fit perfectly, but this modification was made with a knife and took like 3 mins to do! :) When they are attached to each other this way you can still clamp it to you shirt or pants. 

Overall SQ is more than satisfying for the gym, especially considering the ultra-low budget price on this complete rig (except for the phone ofc..). The funny thing about this rig is that it's most expensive part (by far) is the Btg-audio interconnect :D O, and look how nicely it fits into the TF10 case!

That's a slick setup. Details on the BT receiver please!

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #848 of 37,656
Quote:
That's a slick setup. Details on the BT receiver please!

O sorry, missed that! It's a Nokia BH-111 bt reciever. Cost like 15-20$ (includes a pair of iems, but you know what they're worth...).

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #849 of 37,656
Quote:
Hi Anakchan
How is the sound quality the new ortofon compare to the previous model ?
Any different power for driven high impedance headphone ?

Wow, I'm obviously not following this thread closely enough. I actually really like this new Ortofon portable amp. It is really quite a "refined" amp especially for Jazz and Classical lovers. It's definitely not for bassheads but having said that, it has somewhat more bass than it's desktop MH-Q7 older brother. The aspect I like most about the MHd-Q7 is 3D quality in it's sound signature.

It's not a powerful amp so don't expect it to drive the hard-to-drive headphones (your LCD2s, HE-series, etc are out). But for IEMs and easy-to-drive headphones (TH-900's) it's fine. I"m learning to appreciate the finer amps than those with just pure brute force.

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #850 of 37,656
Quote:
@Unkle: I use that theme on my Rockboxed Sansa Fuze
beerchug.gif

cheers :wink:
old style rulez!

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #852 of 37,656

My current portable rig. Held together by velcro...works quite well if i must say so myself. 

HM601slim + C421(2227) + TF10 and 1964T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back