1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. gazzington
    What amp are you using with the hiby?

2. capnjack
    That’s a Fiio e11 Kilimanjaro, not the best amp in the world - small soundstage, but high gain and 2 bass boost settings give the P1 a nice low end boost :)

Rhino73 and actorlife like this.
  3. jmills8
    Arrow amp is as small but not only does it have two bass boosts , you can also only boost the sub bass or mid bass or full bass

capnjack likes this.
  4. Podster
    Day-Yam.JPG

5. Wyville
    Thanks! Those do indeed look really short. Might be worth checking out.

6. pr0b3r
    Sony ZX300 + Sony MH755 MMCX

zx300+mh755.jpg

7. Skyediver
    My new Cayin N8 paired with my JH Audio Laylas. Beautiful, beautiful pairing that I'm enjoying. I thought long and hard about not going with the Cayin and instead considered the AK 1000M because I'm committed to streaming with Quboz, but the sound signature of the Cayin won me over. I decided I could live using my iPhone for Quboz and new music discovery, and the Cayin for more critical and engaged listening of my owned music. Not optimal, but when I listen to the Cayin, it's been making we smile.
    IMG_6850.jpg

8. jmills8
    Totally agree , hence I got rid of the hyped daps . I kept the N8 and a few others more for on the go.

9. alpha421
    Tribute to the stacks (Source/Amp combos) - long live stacks!

upload_2019-8-8_10-1-10.jpeg

masterpfa, Double C and noplsestar like this.
  10. noplsestar
    Ah, the great Vorzüge amp! I bought one too a few weeks ago :)

11. Podster
    I'll toast to that and no matter the budget category:beerchug:

9T Woody Notes.JPG

As beautiful as Skydiver's setup is I'm not sure my conscience could ever justify the $5,825.00 difference no matter how good it may sound compared to this rig:thinking:

Chi-Fi Doodle Doo.JPG

This is not a slight for those who can afford such a luxury but the percentage of the population that can/could actually afford (or justify) a $6K plus portable rig is so miniscule we may be the only people who even begin to appreciate either for what they are:rolling_eyes:

@pr0b3r , love those 755's, sure wish I had the manual dexterity and ability to MMCX mine:cold_sweat:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Rhino73, mbwilson111 and Double C like this.
  12. SenyorC
    That parts easy. It's the justifying it to the wife I have a problem with :wink:

masterpfa likes this.
  13. Skyediver
    Point well taken, but I can assure you, no wife or kids were harmed in the acquisition of said equipment. LOL!

masterpfa and SenyorC like this.
  14. David Kleinfeld
    R2R2K Red → PW 1950s → U18t

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. danblakemore
    First post... just starting this game and chucked this together as a starter with an iPhone XR. Sound good on tidal but I think my next purchase will be a DAP (no music interruptions then!).

[​IMG]