1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. davidcotton
    How's the bass with stuff like Priest? Not a Priest fan but am in to older melodic progressive rock and most reviews seemed to think the bass came out a bit much?

2. blackgreen15
    Are you talking about Atlas? Because yes, it is a bit much. I am using wide bore tips which lightens them up. For old metal where the levels are lower than modern, like this or maybe Scorpions, it is very satisfying indeed. I would say if you are primarily a melodic fan, these would not be really the thing. For modern electronica and metal stuff like Grindcore or Death, it just sounds insane. Which, you know, is not a bad thing.

The player itself is beautifully balanced, at least to my ears.

davidcotton likes this.
  3. raymogi
    It's Sunday so I get to spend the whole day at home with my favorite combo.

[​IMG]

4. Deftone
    I'm wondering why did you buy a "portable" amp/dac to use in a desktop set up? Was it for the sound quality alone?

5. raymogi
    I look at it as a piece of art that happen to sound REALLY good.

6. Gavin C4
    Blessing to my ears.
    IMG_20190731_093752.jpg

7. jmills8
    Hope that last more than 9 months.

8. Sound~Patriot
    IMG_20190804_175627_resized_20190804_055733727.jpg

masterpfa, Rhino73, Dmitry89 and 6 others like this.
  9. AnakChan Moderator
    And my review of the Fostex TM2 is up now in my sig :D

IMG_1755.jpg

Rhino73, Wyville and Double C like this.
  10. ezekiel77
  11. davidcotton
    Man that's brave. What would you have done if a strong breeze had tipped them over the edge? Also don't those bluetooth "pods" feel weird? I see the titans have the virtually no canal thing going on. Would love to try a set like that, but the only one available that I know of in the eu/uk (shush at the back there :p ) is the campfire audio equinox.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  12. AnakChan Moderator
    Lol! You mean like my M100 in my moniker above?? I was worried & quite cautious cos if the TM2/Titans dropped over the fence, I would have needed to crawl down a mini cliff into the bushes to retrieve them.

The BT pods were fine...it didn’t really interfere with my glassss. And as for the Titans they are actually the most comfortable CIEMs due to the very short stem, yet they isolate really well!

Rhino73 and Wyville like this.
  13. David Kleinfeld
    [​IMG]

14. singleended5863
    Very nice cable indeed. What is made from? Any link? Thanks.

15. David Kleinfeld
    Thanks, It's a Danacable Lazuli Reference with graphite sheating. In my view it greatly enhance the sound of the Utopias, by comparison, the stock cable sounds very flat.
    Here is a link to Dana's website : http://danacables.com/product/lazuli-ref-fc/