Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. Panohm
    Which spinfit tips are those? the stock tips on the s-em9 aren't ideal for me. Also let me know if you find that 1plus2.2 alternative, i've been tempted but it seems Gavin has limited involvement now.

2. Mimouille
    These are the narrow bores, the cp800, work perfectly, but the stem has to be clean otherwise they will slide off.

Panohm likes this.
  3. willywill
    This is head-fi, play back is more important. In here we dim the screen the screen to the lowest and try to use the side button more then the screen
    Only time your screen should be on max is to take a picture

buduba0604 and howdy like this.
  4. Scorpion667
    That's the illest looking (actually) portable setup I've ever seen.

I've also been rocking my AK70 (same color) naked 24/7, great aesthetics. I didn't like how the case covers the buttons, made it hard to feel for the play/pause with the unit in pocket.

muffins likes this.
  5. muffins
    Thanks! Yeah, I wanted something that would actually fit in my pocket lol. Plus when I'm on the go, small fidelity changes ala portable amps/dacs/daps/cables don't really matter. I'll do critical listening when I'm back to my desktop rig :p

Edit: And I agree, the AK70 is gorgeous. Am I the only one that only buys gear that I think looks good? XD

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  6. kubig123
    I bout go the ak70 mkii on BF, and I’m really surprised how well it plays and this little thing is loud too!!!
    When I play dsd file the temperature does rise too much.
    I love to pair it with the Encore.

7. razorpakk
    [​IMG]

Ibasso It01 and Benjie T6, pretty solid 80£ combo (got the Iems for 50£ as they were an open box).
    I love good value.

8. jasonb
    Sony WH-1000XM2 used with an iPhone 8 Plus 23550254_1824037077626152_2878719448717062296_o.jpg

9. subguy812
    The Sony's and some Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce and you look all set.....

10. Dickymint
    Super sounding set of headphones for the money! IMG_0004.JPG

11. Dickymint
    Trying to get some shots but failing miserably! IMG_0070.JPG

HiFiChris likes this.
  12. cathee
    Hi Pinky -

Is that the iBasso? How does it compare to your Cayin?

Been researching DAPs with offline Tidal and these came into my sights (along with the X5iii, X7ii), your impressions will be much appreciated and valued.

Thanks x

13. PinkyPowers
    I haven't performed any hard comparison tests yet, but my general feeling is that the DX200 is a worthy upgrade to the Cayin N5II. In other words, you get the sense it's priced accordingly. The N5II is the best mid-tier DAP I've yet found. While the DX200 is indeed in summit-fi territory.

cathee and Dobrescu George like this.
  14. kubig123
    5C899052-AF5C-4F3B-B606-8202D953C7B4.jpeg
    CustomArt Fibae3 - Ares ll+

15. Mimouille
    Did you compare both SP1000 before going for copper?