Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #1,756 of 37,657
You hit another home run my friend. Am interested to know how the combo sounds.

Hi Steve
Go dap DD 1 with muse 01
High : very good , smooth , but less sparkle than with LME 49860
Mid : sweeter than with LME 49860
Bass : out the box a bit boomy , after 5 hours bass sound better
More bass body but not as tight and not as fast with LME 49860
Separation : almost same like LME 49860
Soundstage : not as wide as with LME 49860
Note : the plus point with go dap dd 1 we can change the op amp
I plan to buy op amp 627, As Anakchan favourite op amp

Ortofon MHd Q7
Out the box :
High : very good and detail , to my taste with more sparkle is better for my taste.
Mid : this is the plus point , so sweet and thick like the midrange from the Vynil .
I love the midrange is very analog and neutral
Bass : until last night a bit boomy for me and less impact compare my alo Rx 3 B
Speed also not as fast my alo Rx 3 B

Combo :
AK 100 standard + go dap dd1 muse 01 + ortofon MHd Q7
Sound Quality : warm sounding , neutral and natural with plus point in the midrange
If you like Vynil SQ than you love these combo .

Minus : from MHd Q 7 has little hiss, but not as laud like my alo Rx 3 b .

Note : after burn in the whole night , The SQ from my MHd Q7 open up their character
High more open than out the box
Mid has better clarity now
Bass has more impact and bass body now
I love more than yesterday out the box SQ
Perfect combo with direct AK 100 standard

This my personal impression and need more burn in

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #1,758 of 37,657
Quote:

Hi Steve
Go dap DD 1 with muse 01
High : very good , smooth , but less sparkle than with LME 49860
Mid : sweeter than with LME 49860
Bass : out the box a bit boomy , after 5 hours bass sound better
More bass body but not as tight and not as fast with LME 49860
Separation : almost same like LME 49860
Soundstage : not as wide as with LME 49860
Note : the plus point with go dap dd 1 we can change the op amp
I plan to buy op amp 627, As Anakchan favourite op amp

Ortofon MHd Q7
Out the box :
High : very good and detail , to my taste with more sparkle is better for my taste.
Mid : this is the plus point , so sweet and thick like the midrange from the Vynil .
I love the midrange is very analog and neutral
Bass : until now a bit boomy for me and less impact compare my alo Rx 3 B
Speed also not as fast my alo Rx 3 B

Combo :
AK 100 standard + go dap dd1 muse 01 + ortofon MHd Q7
Sound Quality : warm sounding , neutral and natural with plus point in the midrange
If you like Vynil SQ than you love these combo .

Minus : from MHd Q 7 has little hiss, but not as laud like my alo Rx 3 b .

This my personal impression and need more burn in

Thanks Rudi...........

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #1,761 of 37,657
Looks great your set up
How is the SQ from these combo with heir 8 a?
Please buy from Ventura craft the OTG cable

The Glacier has great synergy with the 8.a's :D soundstage is incredible, everything just sounds amazing.

I thought the venturecraft cable didn't support OTG, the one in this link right? http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_en/gdx.php. Don't really wana drop $35 on something that I'm not sure will work. It'll save a lot of space and look way better than anything I have right now that's for sure.

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #1,762 of 37,657
Rudi,

It is smooth and detailed with a HUGE airy soundstage and great dynamics across the whole frequency range.

It is not coloured at all and has amazing transparency but has the slightest touch of warmth. A delicate amount.

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #1,763 of 37,657
The Glacier has great synergy with the 8.a's :D soundstage is incredible, everything just sounds amazing.

I thought the venturecraft cable didn't support OTG, the one in this link right? http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_en/gdx.php. Don't really wana drop $35 on something that I'm not sure will work. It'll save a lot of space and look way better than anything I have right now that's for sure.

If you live in Japan you can find many choice of cable
I wish one day can test the SQ from Heir 8

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #1,764 of 37,657
Rudi,

It is smooth and detailed with a HUGE airy soundstage and great dynamics across the whole frequency range.

It is not coloured at all and has amazing transparency but has the slightest touch of warmth. A delicate amount.

Wow sound so great
How much is the price from the myst 1866 porta Dac ?
I will surf now how it look like
Thank you

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #1,765 of 37,657
Quote:
Note 2 --> Apex Glacier --> Heir 8.A. Now I just wish I had a better otg cable to connect the two with, the red end loses contact too easily if the cable moves.

Excellent photography and a great rig.  Looks really good!

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #1,767 of 37,657
It's been long enough now and enough significant changes have taken place with my rig to warrant an updated picture.

The CLAS/iPod Classic is still here but added recently are Final Audio Design's magnificent Piano Forte IX's and the equally magnificent new release from Analog Squared Paper the portable (well, OK, transportable.. Actually, no! Portable as I take it with me to my local coffee shop) class A TU-05 tube amp.

The sound is simply wonderful, this feels more like a full sized set up than a portable. Battery life on the amp is around 7 hours which is more than enough for me.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #1,768 of 37,657
Quote:
It's been long enough now and enough significant changes have taken place with my rig to warrant an updated picture.

The CLAS/iPod Classic is still here but added recently are Final Audio Design's magnificent Piano Forte IX's and the equally magnificent new release from Analog Squared Paper the portable (well, OK, transportable.. Actually, no! Portable as I take it with me to my local coffee shop) class A TU-05 tube amp.

The sound is simply wonderful, this feels more like a full sized set up than a portable. Battery life on the amp is around 7 hours which is more than enough for me.

That is one trick looking rig, WOW!  Do you find no DAC needed?

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,769 of 37,657
That is one trick looking rig, WOW!  Do you find no DAC needed?

Thank you!
There is a DAC there underneath the classic, the original cypher labs algorythm solo and I love it!

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #1,770 of 37,657
Quote:
Note 2 --> Apex Glacier --> Heir 8.A. Now I just wish I had a better otg cable to connect the two with, the red end loses contact too easily if the cable moves.

So nice to see another quality Android based rig! Looks very good. Interesting that the Hakshop cable is prone to disconnection, nil trouble here with that on my Note 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back