Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #6,616 of 7,509
Quote:
2nd go pics should work now
smily_headphones1.gif

Speaking of which here is my newly completed RIG
Player: SanDisk ClipZip (Rockboxed)
Amp: Fiio 6
Headphones: HD598 (with 50cm cable not shown)
IEM: UE700 (my go to) UE TF10's (Can't stand the fit love the sound but I'm saving them for a re-shell)

Where'd you get a short cable for your HD 598?

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #6,617 of 7,509
Quote:
I loath two things about the stock cable of the HD598's

A: The Length
B: The Jack

However I got another cable that was shortened and terminated in a 3.5mm jack much easier to get around with (even if it's just at home).. Too bad I wasn't confident enough to do it myself and save some $$$

I kept the original in the event I want to plug into a desktop amp etc 
beyersmile.png

NB

I too ordered a shortened cable for the 598's with the 3.5mm termination.  I haven't received it yet but it's coming from England so that's understandabe.  I can't wait to get rid of this Birds Nest of cable and rubberbands that lives between my ears and the amp!!  I will keep the longer stock cable nearby for when I use the Senns for tv and video games.

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #6,618 of 7,509
Quote:
2nd go pics should work now
smily_headphones1.gif

Speaking of which here is my newly completed RIG
Player: SanDisk ClipZip (Rockboxed)
Amp: Fiio 6
Headphones: HD598 (with 50cm cable not shown)
IEM: UE700 (my go to) UE TF10's (Can't stand the fit love the sound but I'm saving them for a re-shell)
7930112980_89bb15a23e.jpg

7930114356_9c587c8d20.jpg

Beautiful photography, beautiful rig. I'm sure it sounds great!

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #6,620 of 7,509
A place called Custom-Cable in the UK has them.  They will cut the cable to the length of your choice and also terminate it with a 3.5mm if you want.

That would be the one. If you decide to look into them make sure you find the section about VAT if you live outside the UK I ended up paying VAT because I didn't enter their special code.

Sep 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #6,624 of 7,509
iPhone 4 with a SGP Case (brand) Neo Hybrid 2S (model) bumper case. Vsonic GR01 in a Lowepro brand camera case for storage and protection. I also added a chin slider and a shirt clip to the GR01's. I prefer to wear them down, so the combo of chin slider plus the shirt clip completely eliminates microphonics. The iPhone 4 has more than enough power by itself to feed these and it's just ultra slim and portable.  

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #6,626 of 7,509
Thanks, its definitely different. 
Quote:
White iPhone and that orange case border looks stunning! So freshy and vivid! 
redface.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #6,627 of 7,509
Quote:
iPhone 4 with a SGP Case (brand) Neo Hybrid 2S (model) bumper case. Vsonic GR01 in a Lowepro brand camera case for storage and protection. I also added a chin slider and a shirt clip to the GR01's. I prefer to wear them down, so the combo of chin slider plus the shirt clip completely eliminates microphonics. The iPhone 4 has more than enough power by itself to feed these and it's just ultra slim and portable.  

Good protective case for the GRs!

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #6,629 of 7,509
just re-cabled my ath-sq5 headphones for practice. actually changed the sound quite a bit going from those tiny, worthless wires to silver plated copper with cardas solder =)

I also think i may have found a fix for the issue with them creaking like crazy. (the creaking was a dealbreaker for me. it can be heard across the room. let alone when they are on your head)

I think it can be fixed with a small washer between the cups and the bad. just have to remove two screws on each side of the cans. considering either neoprene or felt... felt would be better, but i already have neoprene haha

lazy, lazy...

Sep 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #6,630 of 7,509
Quote:
Please, for the love of head-fier's can you remove the images or put them in one of those "spoilers" so people don't have to see repeated images every time  you quote them

Ditto, and all for a one sentence response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back