Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 8, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #6,646 of 7,509
Quote:
Another Rig of Mine ( other than the original one here http://www.head-fi.org/t/552014/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xv/6495 )

WiFi Card / USB Flash reader --> [ Sharing unlimited music files through DLNA ]
--> iPod Touch 4G 64GB --> [ Aceplayer ]
--> CLAS Solo DAC --> Digital Coaxial Out
--> iBasso D12 --> Headphone Out
--> Etymotic HF5

My mobile music database 
beyersmile.png

Cool Rig!

Sep 8, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #6,647 of 7,509
i have a question that i guess could go here... are there any aftermarket cables that come with or have the option to have an inline microphone to use with a phone? just ordered another pair of my beloved ath-es7 portables and i would love to be able to talk with them.

edit: not IEM cable, and i am NOT using an iphone. it is a samsung galaxy s3

Sep 8, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #6,648 of 7,509

Asus Eee Pad > PowerAmp > Noontec Zoro's
sounding pretty good :)

Sep 8, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #6,650 of 7,509
Quote:

Asus Eee Pad > PowerAmp > Noontec Zoro's
sounding pretty good :)

Heard that Noontec Zoro may even sound better than M-80 with much lower price...is it really that good?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57476696-47/noontec-zoro-a-new-high-for-$100-headphones/
If it is not so big in size, I may want to get one.
May I know How much you pay for it?

[btw, I always want to find a High SQ on-ear headphone which can be totally foldable like sennheiser px 100,
but I don't like its sound signature 
frown.gif
 ]

(I just checked china website "Taobao" , sth like amazon.com in china, 
it costs ~ $45 USD !!!  Tempted to get one!!! )

Sep 8, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #6,651 of 7,509
So this morning I awoke to the sound of my headphone case being opened, to find my 2&1/2 year old son playing with my Edition 8s. Doh! Totally my fault, he's always been obsessed with headphones and I had them sitting around where he could reach them... The upshot? My sons first rig, a Voodoo'd S1 and some cheap TDK headphones that he chose and completely adores:

Not a bad use for the Galaxy, since it was only sitting around gathering dust, and he already knows how to unlock it, and then open the music player and select tracks.

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #6,652 of 7,509
i have a question that i guess could go here... are there any aftermarket cables that come with or have the option to have an inline microphone to use with a phone? just ordered another pair of my beloved ath-es7 portables and i would love to be able to talk with them.

May be you can check out below link.

http://store.androidcommunity.com/seidio-headphone-mic-adapter-35mm-to-35mm/11A75A2929.htm

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #6,653 of 7,509
Quote:
So posted a crappy pic of thes a lonnnnnnggggg time ago and thought id revisit!

Snuss boxes, little pouches or balls of awesome nicotine.  Store all my iems in them and preserve the original packaging in the loft, come in different designs and materials, also fits a clip and buds in one and is rigid so you can throw it in a back pack etc without worrying.

WOW i love the idea :)

have to try this !!

Sep 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #6,654 of 7,509
Quote:

I recabled my K430 with the cable of the headset that came with my S2. Didnt affect the sound much, and works great. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #6,655 of 7,509
Quote:

Heard that Noontec Zoro may even sound better than M-80 with much lower price...is it really that good?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57476696-47/noontec-zoro-a-new-high-for-$100-headphones/
If it is not so big in size, I may want to get one.
May I know How much you pay for it?

[btw, I always want to find a High SQ on-ear headphone which can be totally foldable like sennheiser px 100,
but I don't like its sound signature 
frown.gif
 ]

(I just checked china website "Taobao" , sth like amazon.com in china, 
it costs ~ $45 USD !!!  Tempted to get one!!! )

My other headphone is a Grado SR60i and compared to that the bass is more punchy and also its more efficient to drive from my tablet and Sansa Express.

I got it from an online deal at 65usd shipped. At 45 its an even better deal!3

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #6,659 of 7,509
Quote:
Actually my very first post on Head-Fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Nothing extraordinary but i really enjoy it.
5.jpg

iPod Video 60GB Rockboxed -> FiiO L9 LOD -> Fiio E11 -> Shure SE215

Grats on your first :) That setup is compiled pretty well, looks pretty cool bro!

Sep 9, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #6,660 of 7,509
Stock cables on the Shures? Looks like a capable setup to me - do you use Rockbox?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back