Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 23, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #6,331 of 7,509
Quote:
Wow! That must sound good! By-passing both DAC and Amplifier making it desktop quality! NICE!

That's the general idea, yes :)

Spent my hour at lunch today listening, just totally engrossed. Lots of spontaneous smiles, which for me is the most meaningful metric of sound quality. Cherub Rock literally gave me goosebumps.

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #6,332 of 7,509
Quote:
lol I don't buy into that at all. If they had them at a lower price to begin with they would obviously sell a lot more from the start. There's no way these multi-billion dollar companies can't afford it. It is they want to make more money for less initially. Then when people start catching on and stop buying, they lower prices accordingly or they will eventually lose money on these products.. It's always about the dollar. When you mass produce items your costs will always be greatly reduced compared to producing a small amount of the very same product. But if they are intending to start off slow and not produce a lot then of course that will raise the prices. But when you think of it that is their own doing then that is raising the costs significantly. Who knows they could very well be testing the market. But you'd think they should know of the results since we've started from what  2 GB and now are at 64... :p

Samsung doesn't sell phones in the US. It's the carriers who set the strange prices and control the market. Samsung and other manufacturers are beholden to the carriers to reach the public. That's why "$300" phones are "free with 2 year contract". It's also why we hardly see the manufacturers brand on the unit, box or UI. These are all branded by the carrier. This is what leads to the desire for "unlocked" smart phones, where a user can purchase the phone as intended by the manufacturer.

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #6,333 of 7,509
Quote:
Samsung doesn't sell phones in the US. It's the carriers who set the strange prices and control the market. Samsung and other manufacturers are beholden to the carriers to reach the public. That's why "$300" phones are "free with 2 year contract". It's also why we hardly see the manufacturers brand on the unit, box or UI. These are all branded by the carrier. This is what leads to the desire for "unlocked" smart phones, where a user can purchase the phone as intended by the manufacturer.

I'm talking about micro SDXC cards like Sandisk. I think you misunderstood me :wink:.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #6,335 of 7,509
Guys i don`t want to derail the thread,but after i read here that the Galaxy S3 can be used just as digital transport suddenly i have lost expectation for some possible ITouch 5 release,even will still without changeable battery and with no Micro Sd Slot obviously.

I am looking to build a hi-end transportable rig for myself and i would like to know if the Galaxy S2 or any of the latest Samsung Dap (which are not very popular can be Dac/Amp bypassed too.
Cheers!

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #6,336 of 7,509
Quote:
Guys i don`t want to derail the thread,but after i read here that the Galaxy S3 can be used just as digital transport suddenly i have lost expectation for some possible ITouch 5 release,even will still without changeable battery and with no Micro Sd Slot obviously.

I am looking to build a hi-end transportable rig for myself and i would like to know if the Galaxy S2 or any of the latest Samsung Dap (which are not very popular can be Dac/Amp bypassed too.
Cheers!

It was mentioned that it will fully bypassed using external DAC/AMP connected by USB cable.

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #6,337 of 7,509
yes i did read this but my question was if the S2 or any Samsung Dap can be bypassed too.The Galaxy S3 in Brazil is priced at 1000/1200 dollars,waaay to much for my financial status and i am not really looking for a phone ,even if the S2 could be a reasonable purchase.

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #6,338 of 7,509
Quote:
yes i did read this but my question was if the S2 or any Samsung Dap can be bypassed too.The Galaxy S3 in Brazil is priced at 1000/1200 dollars,waaay to much for my financial status and i am not really looking for a phone ,even if the S2 could be a reasonable purchase.

Very possibly if you got the right LOD.

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #6,339 of 7,509
Quote:

Cheers!

Quote:
Very possibly if you got the right LOD.

Nope check the usb audio android thread and android fi threads.  Only the S3 and on or two Accos devices are confirmed to work with the E7 and a few other devices.

R-

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #6,341 of 7,509
It's that time again:

Wait a minute....That's not a rig. 

Hmmmm, that's interesting. Is that a DOD on the right? (What IS a DOD, anyway?)

Ah, a portable rig. Wait, why's the Pico off to the side like that xS?

Did somebody say...coffee-house rig?

Or maybe a home rig?

Where do i post these things anymore? It all overlaps too much XD!

Kojaku

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #6,342 of 7,509
Quote:

Or maybe a home rig?

Where do i post these things anymore? It all overlaps too much XD!

Kojaku

Sweet and portable, Nice!

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #6,343 of 7,509
thanks for the input folks,even i am a little at a backward point in my research,nonetheless.
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #6,344 of 7,509
Nice rig Kojaku! The blue Pico looks money with the orange and blue case!

I actually debated picturing mine with my LCD-2 and/or GS1000i, but I thought I would just stick with the portable side of things.

Question, how much torsional force/pressure is being placed on the connection ports at both the Pico and the S3 in your rig? Looking for some nice tidy cable options like what you have, but a bit worried about excessive forces through the micro USB port in particular. Looks like yours with the R-angle micro USB end on the S3 would prevent much force being transmitted to the port?

Now debating whether to try some closed high-end Ultrasones, and maybe the ATH W3000ANC... 

I had better apologise to my wallet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back