Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 15, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #6,151 of 7,509
Quote:
You can if you really want to, but it is not like it will beat ODAC for the same application. There is always a price for eliminating that many components.

clocking looks...erm...minimal. looks like it will be using a PLL generated clock inside that receiver

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #6,152 of 7,509

My DX-100 DAP, UE Triple Fi 10 with White Angel cable and Comply T-500 and the my Zo2. Normally I don't use the Zo2 but for those jawbone rattling Phaeleh sessions, I like....a lot!

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #6,153 of 7,509
Phaeleh does sound quite amazing with a ZO2 involved. Very nice setup, just sucks to have the added bulk in the mix because I feel the DX100 is about all the bulk I would want in a portable DAP. 
Quote:

My DX-100 DAP, UE Triple Fi 10 with White Angel cable and Comply T-500 and the my Zo2. Normally I don't use the Zo2 but for those jawbone rattling Phaeleh sessions, I like....a lot!

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #6,154 of 7,509
Quote:

I'm just getting into Jazz, I started with John Coltrane's Blue Train and was blown away ! I'm not sure where to go from here. It feels like I have opened the door to another world of music
blink.gif

Do you find the iPod Touch 4G sounds better for Jazz than the iPod Classic ? or is that the way you have organized your music libraries ? Thanks.

I bought the iPod Classic because I finally ripped the rest of my CD's and needed much more space. I may have to try the 240GB hard drive mod.  But at first I though I found the iTouch to be a little warmer and more dynamic. But as the classic burned in the classic seems to sound almost as good But since I have the 64GB iTouch I figured it would I would only install my Jazz music and vocal artist on it due to my initial impressions.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #6,157 of 7,509
Phaeleh does sound quite amazing with a ZO2 involved. Very nice setup, just sucks to have the added bulk in the mix because I feel the DX100 is about all the bulk I would want in a portable DAP. 

Agreed but normally I just use the dx, plays 90% of my tunes flawlessly. The z02 only comes out for those special subsonic occasions :)

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #6,158 of 7,509
Quote:

I'm just getting into Jazz, I started with John Coltrane's Blue Train and was blown away ! I'm not sure where to go from here. It feels like I have opened the door to another world of music
blink.gif

Do you find the iPod Touch 4G sounds better for Jazz than the iPod Classic ? or is that the way you have organized your music libraries ? Thanks.

Totally off-topic, but I love jazz...the following are great intros to the genre:

Miles Davis-Kind of Blue
John Coltrane-A Love Supreme
Canonball Adderly-Somethin' Else
Charles Mingus-Ah Um

Feel free to PM me, this is just the beginning of what is an almost unhealthy obsession for me :)...

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #6,159 of 7,509
Quote:

Have you tried the Comply Ts-500 on your TF10's? I got a set for mine and I think they are better for treble presentation than the standard T-500 series I used for quite some time. I got a better fit too - probably due to them being shorter.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #6,160 of 7,509
clocking looks...erm...minimal. looks like it will be using a PLL generated clock inside that receiver

Very likely. I'll have one in a few days and will post more about it.

Aug 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #6,161 of 7,509
Quote:
Totally off-topic, but I love jazz...the following are great intros to the genre:

Miles Davis-Kind of Blue
Charles Mingus-Ah Um

Feel free to PM me, this is just the beginning of what is an almost unhealthy obsession for me :)...

Yeah you listed some great ones don't forget Miles Davis Amandia.

There are also some contemporary Jazz artist that might make it very exciting to get into the genre also like Rick Braun, Boney James, Najee, Paul Taylor, Spyro Gyra, Wayman Tisdale and Stanley Jordan especially his Flying Home Album. It has the best rendition of Stairway to Heaven I ever heard. Check it out sometime.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #6,162 of 7,509
Have you tried the Comply Ts-500 on your TF10's? I got a set for mine and I think they are better for treble presentation than the standard T-500 series I used for quite some time. I got a better fit too - probably due to them being shorter.

I haven't , but I think I need to check them out :) any idea where I can buy these in the uk? Can't seem to find them online

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #6,163 of 7,509
Quote:

Yeah you listed some great ones don't forget Miles Davis Amandia.

There are also some contemporary Jazz artist that might make it very exciting to get into the genre also like Rick Braun, Boney James, Najee, Paul Taylor, Spyro Gyra, Wayman Tisdale and Stanley Jordan especially his Flying Home Album. It has the best rendition of Stairway to Heaven I ever heard. Check it out sometime.

Well i'm new here and i'm yet to buy my first HP after head-fi, but about the jazz thing, just want to add that there is a collection recently brought up by the Smithsonian "Anthology" which is great(some standards played over and over by many good folks), and also Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus and Duke Elligton and John Coltrane at Carnegie hall. I also love Thelonious monk (artist) and the classic Dave Burbeck Quartet - Time Out. (keep and eye also for Vince Guaraldi Trio, he does the score for Charlie Brown and it's lovely, i'm specially fond of  the song "Linus and Lucy".) 

Sorry about going with the flow out of topic, but you guys probably know how it is when you like so much something, is quite hard to just watch. 

Aug 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #6,164 of 7,509
Quote:

Miles Davis-Kind of Blue
Charles Mingus-Ah Um

Since we've gone off topic... and I did a quick search and didn't find anyone who started a thread on Jazz and what type of headphones/amps (or even home stereo) they use to listen to it with... I nominate fleasbaby to put one together... totally something I'd subscribe to!

Listening to Joshua Redman right now... Wayman Tisdale was a little earlier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back