Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #5,926 of 7,509
Thanks for the compliment on my re-262 review! I plan to post a small review, this weekend, on the k3003 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/610145/akg-k3003-appreciation-discussion-and-reviews-thread
I think the k3003 sounds fantastic.

I'm guessing the twisted cable comment is about the k3003 cable coming out of the strain relief? Yes the sheathing is turned or kinked a bit but it's just the sheathing fitting loosely I think. The cable above the Y split is a concern to me and will mention it in the review.

Regarding the amps, I think the leckerton mates better b/c the k3003 is pretty forward sounding and the leckerton is more laid back and spacious, whereas the arrow 4g is pretty forward in presentation. I have no issues with channel imbalance in either amp at low volumes with the lowest gain settings but I'm also not using a source with a loud output like a solo.

Low profile dual lock is simply genius.

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #5,932 of 7,509
Oh the amount of times I have said this to myself. But unfortunately I have to eat ... for some reason
Quote:
Thats just the setup i wants, but I dont have the money
frown.gif

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #5,933 of 7,509
Here is my new work desktop rig. I need to play around with some better pictures, but this is what I get at 11:30 and a poorly lit room.

Rockboxed Clip+, 32gb Micro SD card, Fiio E6, and Blox M2C. I am pretty happy with this setup so far. The earbuds are perfect for work and seem to be a good step up or at least to the side from my five year old PK3s. At least these have a Y-Cord, I was never a fan of the J-Cord at all.

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #5,935 of 7,509
Quote:
OMG, now you're gonna test me :D. Starting from the Pico Slim clockwise :-

Hippo CriCri
iBasso T3
[Honestly Can't Remember]
Fostex HP-P1
O2
Vorzuge (VorzAMPpure or VorzAMPduo??)
RSA SR-71B
GoVibe PortaTube+
ALO Audio Rx Mk3
ALO Audio Continental
ALO Audio National

In the middle from near to far :-

iBasso DX100
Colorfly C4
VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0 (with my iPhone 4S in it)

Do you like the cricri? I thought it was great for its money!

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #5,936 of 7,509
Quote:
Here is my new work desktop rig. I need to play around with some better pictures, but this is what I get at 11:30 and a poorly lit room.

Rockboxed Clip+, 32gb Micro SD card, Fiio E6, and Blox M2C. I am pretty happy with this setup so far. The earbuds are perfect for work and seem to be a good step up or at least to the side from my five year old PK3s. At least these have a Y-Cord, I was never a fan of the J-Cord at all.

My DX100 had a small meltdown so while I'm loading the 60gb of FLAC onto it again, I'm using my Clip+. Such an awesome little player!!

Shoddy phone pic, sorry...

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #5,939 of 7,509
Quote:
Still awesome, hopefully my future setup looks something like that!

My DX100 finally finished loading the music but let me tell you: After listening to the Clip+ for a few hours and then going straight to the DX100 the Law Of Diminishing Returns will hit you hard. Sure, it's better, but is it 20 times better? Hell no, especially not when used with easily driven headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back