Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #5,116 of 7,509
Ooooohhhh! I want 1 of every color!  I'll give them away to the kids and wife... and I'll keep the gold one!
Quote:
Right now I'm teetering on grabbing a Sony NWZ-B163F 4GB as an alternative to my Clip+

They're going for 75 bones at accessory jack. For whatever reason I can't seem to find them anywhere else for sale unless it's an Asian site

May 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #5,117 of 7,509
Quote:
That Palics jack to jack is BEAUTIFUL! I actually have the same Palics plug unused somewhere. It looks so beautiful in my opinion that I'm still waiting to hear a pair of headphones worthy of a recable with that plug :p

Will upload pics of my rig after my Cmoy parts come in.

They're really well made imo, And a lovely finish to them, But more importantly the cable itself with those jacks sounds great, Or better put, The cable offers an awesome signal.
Compared against the old loops jack to jack i was using i find the sound more natural and I'm hearing things like string plucks, snair hits etc a lot sharper/more detailed...

I hope any of that makes sense lol as Im not particularly great at describing sound and what i hear. But I do understand great sound from poor sound and i do have a good ear for 
changes be they large or small, Made by cables, sources, cans etc etc...

The LOD also makes a huge difference imo. All my 'i' devices have come to live since i started using it.

Anyway, Its all going to sound a lot better when my new stuff arrives ( new is in blue ) - 

iPhone 4S in Vapor Pro Red anodised hard case.
TCG Audio T-Box.
Palics LOD.
Pioneer SE-CL24-T Brown, 
Re-Terminated with Viablue T6s 1/8" jack.
Sennheiser HD25 1 II Originals.

Obviously the case itself won't make a difference lol.

May 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #5,118 of 7,509
Quote:
Right now I'm teetering on grabbing a Sony NWZ-B163F 4GB as an alternative to my Clip+

They're going for 75 bones at accessory jack. For whatever reason I can't seem to find them anywhere else for sale unless it's an Asian site

eek.gif
Really pretty!

Also, the DIYmod thread hurts my brain. Ugh. Got some low profile dual lock and my LOD coming in (hopefully) this week though :)

May 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #5,121 of 7,509
Those FA-004's look beautiful!

They sound pretty damn good as well, I posted some more photographs over in the FA-004 thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/485660/review-fischer-audios-fa-004/180#post_8394846

Total bargain at £47.50!

Cheers

Mark

May 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #5,122 of 7,509
I was looking for a portable (protective) case to put my gear in (and then toss in my Laptop bag).  I ended up picking up an Otterbox 3250.  I looks like it could carry my Walkman, an Amp and 2 sets of IEMS... just wondering if anyone know of a good place to source (no pick n pluck) foam in 1" thickness.

May 23, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #5,125 of 7,509
Quote:
I was looking for a portable (protective) case to put my gear in (and then toss in my Laptop bag).  I ended up picking up an Otterbox 3250.  I looks like it could carry my Walkman, an Amp and 2 sets of IEMS... just wondering if anyone know of a good place to source (no pick n pluck) foam in 1" thickness.

Try dealers on Ebay. You might need to cut down a piece designed for a Pelican case.

May 23, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #5,127 of 7,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back