Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #5,101 of 7,509
My first post in this thread... hope you all don't mind the poor picture
tongue.gif

Hoping one day my UM3X(Or future Custom) will looks as awesome as the Custom on my lock screen

May 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #5,102 of 7,509
Quote:

Hoping one day my UM3X(Or future Custom) will looks as awesome as the Custom on my lock screen

Those are sweet looking customs on your lock screen!  Is your Z rooted?  What lock screen/player is that?  Looks nice! 

May 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #5,103 of 7,509
My portable rig for now - 

iPod Nano.
Palics LOD.
Chu-Moy in Stanton Cartridge box. 
Sennheiser HD25 1 II's
Breaker Headphone Hanger. ( this is obviously NOT part of my portable rig lol )

The Chu-Moy is being replaced very soon by a TCG Audio T-Box.

May 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #5,104 of 7,509
Oh yeh almost forgot...

Sony MZ-N707 NetMD Walkman
Palics jack to jack
Chu-Moy
JVC airbuds, Re-terminated and Sleeved.

May 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #5,105 of 7,509
That Palics jack to jack is BEAUTIFUL! I actually have the same Palics plug unused somewhere. It looks so beautiful in my opinion that I'm still waiting to hear a pair of headphones worthy of a recable with that plug :p

Will upload pics of my rig after my Cmoy parts come in.

May 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #5,106 of 7,509
Quote:
haha, nice you must have added this picture later.  How is the vita coming along now?  I sold mine after a couple of days.  The sound was really good like the PSP (both Wolfson DACs).  I really enjoy listening to music on my PSP + E17 and using the music visualizer.  I was gonna record a video and post it.  Does the Vita have cool visualizers?  Have they come out with a good way to organize music and transfer yet?  FYI the $20 official dock has line out audio.

Im curios as to what cable you used to pair the E17 to the psp. I have both and would like to give it a try. Did you use the 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack that came with the E17? Wouldn't that cause double amping since you're not bypassing the psp amp? Also is there any way to play flac on the psp? Perhaps there is custom firmware..

May 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #5,107 of 7,509
Quote:
Those are sweet looking customs on your lock screen!  Is your Z rooted?  What lock screen/player is that?  Looks nice! 

Yep, I immediately fell in love with the customs once I saw at UM Facebook page.

Nop, my Z Walkman isn't rooted, I don't see the need to root for now. Plus, I've heard issue of unable to update to future version if I root now... not gonna take the risk!

I'm using WidgetLocker as my lockscreen application(Weird that GO Launcher or other launcher doesn't work with the Z Walkman, except for WidgetLocker).

Am using PowerAmp along with the PowerAmp widget package(Separately application). I found PowerAmp to have many advantage over the stock player. (ie creating playlist, more eq options, nicer widget, MORE STABLE and most importantly, it sounded nicer(flat on both PowerAmp and Stock)... well at least to my ear)

May 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #5,109 of 7,509
Quote:
Quote:
haha, nice you must have added this picture later.  How is the vita coming along now?  I sold mine after a couple of days.  The sound was really good like the PSP (both Wolfson DACs).  I really enjoy listening to music on my PSP + E17 and using the music visualizer.  I was gonna record a video and post it.  Does the Vita have cool visualizers?  Have they come out with a good way to organize music and transfer yet?  FYI the $20 official dock has line out audio.

Im curios as to what cable you used to pair the E17 to the psp. I have both and would like to give it a try. Did you use the 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack that came with the E17? Wouldn't that cause double amping since you're not bypassing the psp amp? Also is there any way to play flac on the psp? Perhaps there is custom firmware..

I'm using the L8 cable for the PSP.  it's supposedly better than the one that E17 came with.  [size=small]  [/size]It's thicker and has some sort of special wire inside someone said([size=small] Pure PCOCC-A Copper - copied and pasted from amazon's description)[/size].  Yes, this is double amping, but I haven't heard any distortion or anything at all.  To be honest, sounds as good as my Cowon setup and is a bit warm...  I've had ipod 5.5 with L9 LOD cable to E17 as well....that sounds very similar, but more cold/analytical.  

May 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #5,110 of 7,509
Quote:
Quote:
Slow clap usually implies sarcasm.
What's wrong with using regular old text to compliment another?

OK fine sorry for trying to bring some cute smileys and cool gifs into the thread. I've edited my post with regular old boring text

hahaha,  this all happened while I was sleeping like a baby.  i actually got to sleep at a decent hour....2AM........  headfi is always to blame.  I don't mind, but I actually would have seen it as a sarcastic comment.  But I give you the benefit of the doubt :D  Thanks.   Don't know where to go from here.  I've tried many setups and I might just go back to the J3 which I liked the most aside from the small screen and UI which is hard to operate while driving.  I like it over the D3 due to battery life (not b/c the D3 is slow).  

May 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #5,113 of 7,509
Quote:

I didn't know you could root a Sony Z player. Are there sites with ROM's and such like there is for Android?
By the way if you root the Z player can you install code that will allow you to play ALAC, AIFF and FLAC?

May 20, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #5,114 of 7,509
Quote:
I didn't know you could root a Sony Z player. Are there sites with ROM's and such like there is for Android?
By the way if you root the Z player can you install code that will allow you to play ALAC, AIFF and FLAC?

Someone here was pushing to get the Z rooted with ICS from the Sony Tablet (as they're basically the same internally).  I don't know how that went, and I haven't visited the XDA forums in awhile.  You don't need root though to play those files, as I play Lossless ALAC on mine now (with PlayerPro).

May 20, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #5,115 of 7,509
Right now I'm teetering on grabbing a Sony NWZ-B163F 4GB as an alternative to my Clip+

They're going for 75 bones at accessory jack. For whatever reason I can't seem to find them anywhere else for sale unless it's an Asian site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back