Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 31, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #4,351 of 7,509
Hi Klyzon. How do you find the sound difference between the Heir and the JH iems? A couple of great rigs. Very nice indeed.

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #4,352 of 7,509
My portable setup.....

a021b6fd.jpg

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #4,353 of 7,509

Quote:
Hi Klyzon. How do you find the sound difference between the Heir and the JH iems? A couple of great rigs. Very nice indeed.

i like their 8a better tbh, everything sounds smoother and its more musical. Its like the 8a makes music, the 16s replicates it kinda. But 16s have a better impact on and  more pace on newer tracks that are fast

but for travelling the 16s are what i turn to for more fast pace tracks to keep me walking :)

Mar 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #4,354 of 7,509

Quote:
Well it would take alot less time to make it after you figure out the design and needed parts, if ppl would buy em well well worth the time. (depends how much they are willing to pay, usually steampunk is pretty exspensive)

True. The problem I had was getting cogs for the top that matched. I bought a lot of 23 watches from ebay and out of the whole lot I only managed to get the three pairs on the top of the case that matched. The bezel I used around the click wheel was just pure luck. My friends and family are always telling me I should make and sell them. I would need to charge hundreds of pounds in reality. Its a bit of a time consuming project.

Quote:
Holy crap that Steampunked iPod is the greatest thing I've ever seen on these Portable Rigs posts & I've been following them for years!
Superb, seriously impressive, I like so much I'm going off to my workshop (okay the shed at the bottom of the garden) to see if I can match it using a Walkman - LOL
redface.gif

Thanks dude. I did post some other - better photos of it in this thread about 100 or so pages ago. I wish you luck on your quest to the shed!

Mar 31, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #4,355 of 7,509

That is some real nice gear! I want to get some custome from Heir. Just need someone to give me £1000 or so.

Quote:

Ultra portable rig, heir audio 8a, ipod nano 16gig, pico slim, silver dragon cable, diy twag low profile lod

RWA imod, jh16 pros, twag cable, pico slim, alo audio imod lod

Mar 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #4,356 of 7,509
I think you could easily get a few hundred pounds each. It's a boutique item for sure but the word handmade usually means you're getting a unique product and that means a lot to people.

Heck if you made 5-10 a year they'd be fairly exclusive and you could really have something special on your hands as far as Steampunk goes.

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #4,362 of 7,509

Quote:
I think you could easily get a few hundred pounds each. It's a boutique item for sure but the word handmade usually means you're getting a unique product and that means a lot to people.
Heck if you made 5-10 a year they'd be fairly exclusive and you could really have something special on your hands as far as Steampunk goes.

I The main constraint I have is time. It has take me a week of evenings to put together a 2 inch r/a 3.5 to 3.5 IC cable for  a fellow headfier! No time man! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back