Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #4,324 of 7,509
I wouldn't get rid of the iPod just yet if I were you. Jump to the DX100 threads and you'll see that my DX100 can't keep up with the 6600 songs I've got during indexing. It takes ages. So basically I'll still need to keep my lossy on my iPhone/iPad and have my DX100 exclusively for lossless. The h/w specs aren't good enough to use it as a massive jukebox yet. However, for the hundreds of lossless, it plays them really well (if well recorded in the first place!)!

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #4,325 of 7,509

Quote:
Three things to keep me sane this summer while my desktop gear takes the slow boat to Asia.

I have both, guess what? 
wink_face.gif

But how will it taste after listing to the DX100, with the Bey. 1350??

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #4,326 of 7,509

Quote:
I think its time to get rid of my ipod and step up to the big boys.  Looks awesome

Forget about the looks, you should hear the beast!!!!!!!!!

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #4,327 of 7,509

Quote:
Naah, I wouldn't do that. That is like playing computer games in GOD-mode, or at least INVINCIBLE-mode. Still not sure in what direction my next upgrade goes :)

Afraid , AH!? Don't be. We will all help you
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #4,328 of 7,509

Quote:
I wouldn't get rid of the iPod just yet if I were you. Jump to the DX100 threads and you'll see that my DX100 can't keep up with the 6600 songs I've got during indexing. It takes ages. So basically I'll still need to keep my lossy on my iPhone/iPad and have my DX100 exclusively for lossless. The h/w specs aren't good enough to use it as a massive jukebox yet. However, for the hundreds of lossless, it plays them really well (if well recorded in the first place!)!

You ipod lover!!! What about Sony??????????? Sony Z!!!

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #4,330 of 7,509

Quote:
Are you referring to the sonic enhancement device in the middle?
Completely unnecessary with the other two items, but it is delish.
tongue_smile.gif

LOL.....
darthsmile.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #4,332 of 7,509

Hey guys, pretty new here and don't really post much. Saw this thread and decided to post some pics up of my non-balanced portable rig. 

Using a J3 + UM3x + TWag v2(Hoping to change this to Crystal. I know it mellows everything out but details, clarity and separation are what I value most.) + Pico Slim + Crystal LOD. 

Amp is held to the player using a little Blu-tack (Give this a try for those who haven't. Pretty good and leaves no marks.) in black along with the Whiplash rubberband.  

Whole rig fits nicely at the front of my Headporter pouch and when not in use, the UM3x along with cable goes into the main compartment. Pouch carried using a carabina to my bag or jeans or belt. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #4,334 of 7,509
Yeah they are nice, I have seen like 5 ppl so far in the subway with the A8's I have infact gifted my father some A8's and my girlfriend too =P

Sometimes there are small issues with the rubber on the ends of the ear-what-ever-its-called, but B&O just replaces them right in the boutique, so I am happy with them.

The Beosound isnt a bad mp3, but Its not really worth the 800sh (nearlly 790 I think) I paid for it (high taxes in Canada, boo).

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #4,335 of 7,509

Quote:
Yeah they are nice, I have seen like 5 ppl so far in the subway with the A8's I have infact gifted my father some A8's and my girlfriend too =P

Sometimes there are small issues with the rubber on the ends of the ear-what-ever-its-called, but B&O just replaces them right in the boutique, so I am happy with them.

The Beosound isnt a bad mp3, but Its not really worth the 800sh (nearlly 790 I think) I paid for it (high taxes in Canada, boo).

Yeah, I live in Canada too. High taxes suck 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back