Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 24, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #4,246 of 7,509

Quote:
yeah pretty tough on the edges and curves, i had to use fresh blades to cut it. had to wait 2 days for the topcoat to fully dry. but it's all worth it =)

my other portable :

diy imod (47uf BG NX, mundorf wiring)
diy mundorf ag/au LOD to rca
diy battery pack (12pcs harmolattice AA @ 2500mah)
modified FiiO e9 desktop amp (sprague, sanyo,nichicon caps/ kimber wiring)
modded/ recabled yamaha vintage ortho HP-2 and YH-1

it fits inside a dslr bag 
biggrin.gif

What does it sound like?

Mar 24, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #4,248 of 7,509
Still working on my rig... but I decided that my Fiio L3 wouldn't mind donating itself to a higher cause.  Well, I can say, that dynamically it sounds "fuller" and the Bass more impactful... but not by a huge margin, but still noticeable.

Next upgrade, My Heir Audio Headphones when they come in (and possibly all new Silver Cables and LOD for that).

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #4,249 of 7,509

Quote:
Still working on my rig... but I decided that my Fiio L3 wouldn't mind donating itself to a higher cause.  Well, I can say, that dynamically it sounds "fuller" and the Bass more impactful... but not by a huge margin, but still noticeable.

Next upgrade, My Heir Audio Headphones when they come in (and possibly all new Silver Cables and LOD for that).

Your LOD is showing....
ph34r.gif

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #4,251 of 7,509

Quote:
How do you find the audio on the Vita? I thought it sounded on par with my iPod 5.5g, better than my Sansa Zip...on my TripleFi10.... Others think it's horrible, ... I dunno.
rolleyes.gif

Late reply.

TBH. I've actually not used the Vita much for music, but what music I have listened to has sounded pretty good to me.

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #4,253 of 7,509

Nice cans. Do you find that the ALO cable is an improvement over the stock one - SQ wise?

Is the Fostex a big step up from an IMOD?
Quote:
(Click on photo to enlarge.)
 ​
Apple iPod 160GB --> ALO Audio 30-pin-to-USB dock cable --> Fostex HP-P1 iDevice DAC / amp -->
Philips CitiScape Uptown circumaural (around-the-ear) closed headphone​

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #4,254 of 7,509

Quote:

Silver cables eh...?

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #4,255 of 7,509

Quote:
(Click on photo to enlarge.)
 ​
Apple iPod 160GB --> ALO Audio 30-pin-to-USB dock cable --> Fostex HP-P1 iDevice DAC / amp -->
Philips CitiScape Uptown circumaural (around-the-ear) closed headphone​

Hey jude! Is the CitiScape Uptown really good? How does it compare to the other portable headphones we see around you - dt1350 and HD25?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back