Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 26, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #4,264 of 7,509
Usually I have a few hours mid day so I sit in the park or something, or go visit the local Apple Store. If theres not too much noise they are fine, if theres more noise, crank em up a bit. No one in Toronto knows them, so if that doesn't change I guess Il use them on the streets - I guess If I had Beats my chances of getting mugged would be higher than if I would carry lets say the SR009 =P

And when it gets too noisy I just pop in my IEM's.  

Sennheisers are so light and comfy ^_^

And the Toronto subway is so silent compared to russia, my god, during non-rush hours you can listen to open headphones no problem.

Mar 26, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #4,265 of 7,509
How about the people around you who do not share your taste of music and having to listen to what is being played? 

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #4,267 of 7,509
I think it's a really bad idea to wear open headphones in public, even at work. 

Don't you hate when some guy is listening to music on his cellphone speakers? (well, i live in Brazil, and here this a fairly common practice, don't know about the more culturally evolved places)

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #4,268 of 7,509
I ripped off the clip from my Sansa Clip Zip so I could make my setup sleeker. I gota few plans for my portable rig besides this, My Clip Zip is just an alternative setup for ultra portability.

EDIT: Does this mean I now have a Sansa Zip (sans Clip)?

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #4,269 of 7,509
I usuallly use my Fiio E11 with cans.

But that setup is way too bulky for when I am out bicycling for a couple of hours straight. 

So I decided to go with this setup.

Ipod Classic in an armband case. E5 cliped to the ipod case. Fiio LOD. and a cheap pair of sony ear buds that were around $30.

My only complaint is that I can not use the inline 3 button switch on the headphones for volume and changing / pausing songs.

But this setup sounded way better then just going with the ipod audio jack.

Now I could have clipped the E5 to the armband part its self, But personally I like putting the whole setup in the back of my cycling jersy where there are three pockets, this way the cords are out of the wind and just going up my back to my ears.

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #4,270 of 7,509

Quote:
I ripped off the clip from my Sansa Clip Zip so I could make my setup sleeker. I gota few plans for my portable rig besides this, My Clip Zip is just an alternative setup for ultra portability.

Now that's probably within 100 posts, a portable rig.

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #4,271 of 7,509

Quote:

A SanZO without Clip?

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #4,273 of 7,509

Quote:
knot the L8s, why didnt i think of that. thanks for the idea!!

I saw that on this thread, and I don't think it's technically an L8, I just got  cable with my E6 that was basically the same thing, so I used it for my purposes accordingly.

Quote:
Now that's probably within 100 posts, a portable rig.

Yes, It probably is. I commute to college and I like having a few different rigs for different purposes. I got a 64 GB microSDXC in that thing with it Rockbox'd, works wonderfully. My next rig is gonna be taking my 30 GB 5.5 Gen iPod Video and getting the iMod done to it, put in a 128 GB SSD and attach a Headstage Arrow 4G to it. Should be a quite powerful and sleek setup. One of my main reasons for the Arrow 4G is that it doesnt have a power switch, so it will take just a few seconds more to attach an LOD to it and use it than just using the Headphone out on the iPod for my earbuds. 

EDIT: and mrAdrian, I like that name. Got a nice ring to it. SanZO :) ....or maybe a SanZO sansClip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back