Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jan 16, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #3,271 of 7,509

Quote:
I received my 4S on launch day.  Never a battery issue compared to the 3GS.  There may be 600 pages of special cases, but 10's of millions of people are using them everyday at this point all over the world.  I love the 4S compared to the 3GS.  I have no scientific information and I'm sure that there are some very informed (and some uninformed) people on that thread.  But, since I have never had a problem, I have no cause to go looking for one either.

My iPhone 4's battery life took a hit after iOS 5 update. So i'm one of those who had problems. It can't go 32h one one charge, and this is with no use at all.

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #3,273 of 7,509
Quote:

I use rubber O rings from the plumming section of any hardware store. They are strong and stretchy enough. Plus they are thin - so dont interfere with the click wheel if you use one near the screen and one below the click wheel:

Quote:
Another good idea. Thanks...
smile.gif

x2!

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #3,277 of 7,509
Jan 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #3,280 of 7,509
As AnakChan has said above, this technique has been around for many years. I suspect that someone somewhere had a scratched iPod and tried to remove the scratches with whatever came to hand, they noticed it looked like brushed aluminium and posted the results online. There are numerous tutorials but I will summarize the basics of how I do it:

1) Carefully mask the face plate of your iPod using a thick paper template and masking tape, be very careful to cover the sides of the faceplate.

2) Create a workspace with a non slip mat and an alignment block, this will prevent the iPod from moving and keep the groove cut straight.

3) Take a new Scotch Brite Pad and gently move it back and forth across the iPod, taking care to keep it located in alignment with your block.

Note: It's a good idea to block the ports by plugging in an old jack and dock connector.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #3,282 of 7,509

Quote:
As AnakChan has said above, this technique has been around for many years. I suspect that someone somewhere had a scratched iPod and tried to remove the scratches with whatever came to hand, they noticed it looked like brushed aluminium and posted the results online. There are numerous tutorials but I will summarize the basics of how I do it:

1) Carefully mask the face plate of your iPod using a thick paper template and masking tape, be very careful to cover the sides of the faceplate.

2) Create a workspace with a non slip mat and an alignment block, this will prevent the iPod from moving and keep the groove cut straight.

3) Take a new Scotch Brite Pad and gently move it back and forth across the iPod, taking care to keep it located in alignment with your block.

Note: It's a good idea to block the ports by plugging in an old jack and dock connector.

If I were you, I'd put a clear screen protector on it now while it looks so pretty.
L3000.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #3,283 of 7,509

Quote:
Sorry for the horrible picture quality...

1. iPod Classic 7G 160GB (source)
  2. Fiio L9 (LOD)
  3. Fiio E11 (amp)
  4. Creative Aurvana Live! (headphones)

Still updating the rig. I have to buy a case for the Classic.

what's the combination of Classic+E11 sound like? I've been thinking of getting this setup for a while now...

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #3,284 of 7,509

Quote:
what's the combination of Classic+E11 sound like? I've been thinking of getting this setup for a while now...

It's quite a nice combination. It makes the CAL's sound more "airy" and less "dull" than with no amplification. The Classic sounds good without an amp, but a lot better in terms of bass control and mid-range fowardness with the E11. I can however imagine it can be a bit too much analitical setup with some headphones/IEM's. But just slightly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back