Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Nov 16, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #2,326 of 7,509

Quote:
I've wanted that exact rig for quite some time.. As it turns out, I can't justify $300 for some IEMs to the wife. 
rolleyes.gif

The ever existing problem....

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #2,330 of 7,509

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #2,331 of 7,509

801 > HP-P1 > Stepdance > Final Audio X-CC

Quote:
I guess he is using the line-in of HP-P1 for the HM801, and using the step dance amp for the X-CC.    HP-P1 has good DAC but average amp, and HM801 has the warm signature which may be compensated by the stepdance.   X-CC does not sound good amped, so will be interesting to know how it sounds.   But that is one sick rig.

I have all this equipment but I can't understand the setup. The hp p1 is not being used as a Dac. It can only function as a Dac with an apple device. Also, why would one want to use the fostex amp if one has a seperate and probably better quality amp. The Hp P1 amp is good but not outstanding, whereas it has a spectacular Dac. The HM 801 by itself has a very good amp. I'm happy to carry a lot of equipment around but only if it will improve the sound quality. 
An iphone or ipad  using flac player with hi res files (which it can play though I'm not sure if the fostex downsamples) would make much more sense and sounds absolutely brilliant. BTW to the previous poster who said that the Algorythm  can do Hi Res files- it cannot. Even though the Dac is theoretically capable of it, at the moment it only does 16/48.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #2,333 of 7,509
I may have been the person who said that a CLAS can do higher resolution conversion.  I stand by this comment.  The only reason why it cant do higher than 16/48 is because of the ipod and not because of the CLAS.  

Check out...  http://cypherlabs.com/product#stats-tab

Quote:

I have all this equipment but I can't understand the setup. The hp p1 is not being used as a Dac. It can only function as a Dac with an apple device. Also, why would one want to use the fostex amp if one has a seperate and probably better quality amp. The Hp P1 amp is good but not outstanding, whereas it has a spectacular Dac. The HM 801 by itself has a very good amp. I'm happy to carry a lot of equipment around but only if it will improve the sound quality. 
An iphone or ipad  using flac player with hi res files (which it can play though I'm not sure if the fostex downsamples) would make much more sense and sounds absolutely brilliant. BTW to the previous poster who said that the Algorythm  can do Hi Res files- it cannot. Even though the Dac is theoretically capable of it, at the moment it only does 16/48.

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #2,335 of 7,509
Quote:
Its Di Noc Carbon Fiber effect self adhesive Vinyl made by 3M. I stuck it directly onto a spare mini housing, Pretty good stuff.

Looked that stuff up, its like magic, and people would probably think its real carbon fiber that im putting on everything.

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #2,336 of 7,509
I kind of want it to put directly on my phone now...One piece piece on the cover with a screen protector in the middle and just cover the back. 

Quote:
Looked that stuff up, its like magic, and people would probably think its real carbon fiber that im putting on everything.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #2,339 of 7,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back