Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Nov 16, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #2,341 of 7,509

Quote:
I may have been the person who said that a CLAS can do higher resolution conversion.  I stand by this comment.  The only reason why it cant do higher than 16/48 is because of the ipod and not because of the CLAS.  

Check out...  http://cypherlabs.com/product#stats-tab

Have a look at the discussion at http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/iOS-2496-Output-Possible it seems that ipad (not ipod) can output hi-res via camera connection kit. I'd be interested to know what the HP P1 is able to process when fed hi res flac files from an ios device. It does play them and they sound great but I have no way of knowing whether they are being downsampled.

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #2,342 of 7,509

Quote:
Looked that stuff up, its like magic, and people would probably think its real carbon fiber that im putting on everything.

Yeah, it looks pretty convincing in the flesh. I kind of want to cover everything in it now. Been thinking about covering the fridge, And the cat...

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #2,343 of 7,509
I did not believe that an upgrade in cable can make such a positive impact on the UE TFi10, but with the null lune cable, you can really hear the difference.

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #2,345 of 7,509
I don't have any need for portable use, but thought I would post a couple pics, my first post on headfi, as a thank you for all the valuable information and the entertainment I received while wading through 200+ pages of various "post your gear" threads. Thanks!

I'm not an audiophile, but I do wear headphones all day while working so trying to get a couple nice setups, most likely purchasing triple.fi 10's in the near future. Currently running the Shure ec3s through the DAC and into a 27" imac, I've barely done more than burn in the Ultrasones but the little I've heard was fantastic, can't wait to match it up with the DAC for a bit and bring out it's true colors. The mp3 player doesn't really leave the car.

Thanks again.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #2,346 of 7,509
Thanks for that.  I heard that Apple kindly put through a fix to the ipda camera kit before the ipad2 came out to stop people being able to output digital without having to buy a certified gadget like the fostex or CLAS.  My understanding is that if Apple open the gates via the ipods software then there is no reaon why an ipod cant hold at least 24/96 and output it to the CLAS which could convert it to analogue.  I have heard that the Fostex could not cope with the same.  Perhaps the firmware upgrade to the Fostex has changed this.

Quote:

Have a look at the discussion at http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/iOS-2496-Output-Possible it seems that ipad (not ipod) can output hi-res via camera connection kit. I'd be interested to know what the HP P1 is able to process when fed hi res flac files from an ios device. It does play them and they sound great but I have no way of knowing whether they are being downsampled.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #2,347 of 7,509
Quote:
I kind of want it to put directly on my phone now...One piece piece on the cover with a screen protector in the middle and just cover the back.

I was just thinking of what you were thinking, and i totally get what you meant know. I dont know why smartphone makers dont do this, i love the looks of phones that have a cool textured back. This would totally make it better
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Yeah, it looks pretty convincing in the flesh. I kind of want to cover everything in it now. Been thinking about covering the fridge, And the cat...

The cat may be used in the army as stealth... This was all i found of a carbon fiber animal, let alone a cat
mad.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #2,350 of 7,509
Nov 17, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #2,352 of 7,509

Quote:
Thanks for that.  I heard that Apple kindly put through a fix to the ipda camera kit before the ipad2 came out to stop people being able to output digital without having to buy a certified gadget like the fostex or CLAS.  My understanding is that if Apple open the gates via the ipods software then there is no reaon why an ipod cant hold at least 24/96 and output it to the CLAS which could convert it to analogue.  I have heard that the Fostex could not cope with the same.  Perhaps the firmware upgrade to the Fostex has changed this.

I'm using the ipad 2 with the latest software plus flac player through camera connector into ibasso DB 2, playing 24/96 files and the SQ is fantastic.

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #2,354 of 7,509

Quote:
I'm using the ipad 2 with the latest software plus flac player through camera connector into ibasso DB 2, playing 24/96 files and the SQ is fantastic.

Im interested in similar setups and listen to hi res flacs.

Can I ask how you know if the ipad is outputting it at 24/96?

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #2,355 of 7,509

Quote:
Since everyone is throwing out some netbook love I'll up the anty and throw in a small laptop

Not exactly ultra portable but mehhh I just wanted to post some pics.
rolleyes.gif

I have that exact labtop. How do the m80's sound out of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back