Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 22, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #1,981 of 7,509

I have a modest setup; Clip+ that has been Rockboxed > PA2v2 that I purchased from zammykoo > Beyerdynamic DT235

Here's the more portable version Clip + > MEElectronics A151...yes the Peavey goes to 12!  with 3 12AX7 in the preamp section and 4 EL84 in the power section (I just had to show off some of my guitar rig even though the music coming out of the headphones is WAY better XD)

I'm sure some of you guys have the PA2v2 as well. I was wondering what you use for a travel case for it.  I'd like to get something to keep it in so it's not just bouncing around in my bag.

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #1,982 of 7,509
I just had a delightful listening session with this combo. Normal (disabled) EQ on the Clip Zip, EQ2 on the FiiO E6.....the only thing missing would be adjusting the stereo image to about 115% for the Grados, which I'll do as soon as Rockbox is ready.

Oct 23, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #1,983 of 7,509
Slight update to my existing rig:

My old ebay TF cable re braided (advertised as quad braid. I found out it wasnt once the tec flex was removed) re sleeved in boot lace. New brass Y split and Oyaide r/a jack.

More flexible, straightens out better and a LOT less microphonic. Plus more in keeping with the rest of the gear.

Oct 23, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #1,985 of 7,509
Updated the cable of my HD25:

happy story: I dotn feel the need to upgrade portables anymore, Im happy with the HD25, M80 and V6 (now rarelly) and the TF10, mini3 as an amp if needed, for the HD25 sometimes. I just wish my zune was still alive or that I had a better DAP, seriously iPod headphone out sucks.

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #1,986 of 7,509
beerchug.gif
HD 25's are win, my favourite portables for sure.

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #1,991 of 7,509

Quote:

My old ebay TF cable re braided (advertised as quad braid. I found out it wasnt once the tec flex was removed) re sleeved in boot lace. New brass Y split and Oyaide r/a jack.

More flexible, straightens out better and a LOT less microphonic. Plus more in keeping with the rest of the gear.

Wow, that is unique but very cool Ipod case.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #1,992 of 7,509

Quote:
do you think perhaps you guys could stop quoting pics over and over? its pretty simple to delete the pics and quote the post. the previous page has a total of maybe 3 sets of pics on this entire page, yet the whole page is filled with pics. especially quoting the post directly above what possible purpose does it serve? we know you are talking about the above post, there hasn't been any others. for me and many people its not a bandwidth problem, some may be annoyed at that facet, me i just find its a waste of space

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #1,995 of 7,509

woaaa....that's a reeaaallyyyy cool stuff :eek:
i like it.... :D

i need my sansa clip+ to be modded like that....:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back