Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 20, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #1,951 of 7,509
It's nice.. at first I thought it was a little plasticky feeling compared with the Clip+, but I guess that's because it's brand-new.

I loaded it up with music without checking to see whether it was in MSC, so I'm doing that again, now.

It sounds great, the interface is pretty fast, and the screen is not quite what I expected - a colour OLED, and the readability isn't as good as the Clip+..but I expect when Rockbox is ready there will be lots of themes which will utilise the screen well.

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #1,952 of 7,509
do you think perhaps you guys could stop quoting pics over and over? its pretty simple to delete the pics and quote the post. the previous page has a total of maybe 3 sets of pics on this entire page, yet the whole page is filled with pics. especially quoting the post directly above what possible purpose does it serve? we know you are talking about the above post, there hasn't been any others. for me and many people its not a bandwidth problem, some may be annoyed at that facet, me i just find its a waste of space

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #1,953 of 7,509

Quote:
It's nice.. at first I thought it was a little plasticky feeling compared with the Clip+, but I guess that's because it's brand-new.

I loaded it up with music without checking to see whether it was in MSC, so I'm doing that again, now.

It sounds great, the interface is pretty fast, and the screen is not quite what I expected - a colour OLED, and the readability isn't as good as the Clip+..but I expect when Rockbox is ready there will be lots of themes which will utilise the screen well.

The one thing I particularly like is that you can turn off the menus you don't use. So for example as I scroll side to side in my menu screen, I see just music and settings. The radio, books, card, and sport sections that I don't use, I hide. That's  the only thing I had missed from the one Creative player that I had, the ability to do that...lol. I like the looks of that red, too.

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #1,954 of 7,509
Yeah - it's similar to the Nano in that regard..you can just hide the features you don't use.

Not sure about the red, now, maybe I should have gone with orange or blue.. doesn't matter, really.

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #1,955 of 7,509
Just a minor addition.
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #1,956 of 7,509
Oct 20, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #1,957 of 7,509
Too much.
wink.gif

They are incredible - I'm in love to be honest - Best reproduction I've ever heard. And yea, the yellow and purple do actually go really nice together
biggrin.gif
- Thumbs up to the guys at Custom-IEM

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #1,961 of 7,509

Quote:
Oh- Also, re sleeved my HD25 cable with purple paracord, shortened it and re jacked it with a straight neutrik plug - Also added two decals
redface.gif

What I was just thinking to get the Adidas colored, Now I am really really in love 
beerchug.gif
, Where did you have them moded?

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #1,964 of 7,509
Cheers! I'm really pleased 
redface.gif

Anyone got any tips on removing them with ease? I have to gently pull from where the cable goes into the socket, but I don't really want to damage the cable/socket...

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #1,965 of 7,509

Quote:
Cheers! I'm really pleased 
redface.gif

Anyone got any tips on removing them with ease? I have to gently pull from where the cable goes into the socket, but I don't really want to damage the cable/socket...

simple moderate swivel right and left 4 times than pull, it should work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back