Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 22, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #4,201 of 7,509

Quote:
Pelican 1010 Micro looks interesting, think I'm going to get one myself:

I have one. I use it to store my UM3X in. The case is much bulkier than the pictures on the internet suggest.
It's suitable for storage at home, or if you have a bag or pack with you, because it sure as hell won't fit any pockets comfortably.

Something like this: http://www.countycomm.com/delrinsafe.html could work...

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #4,202 of 7,509
I excuse myself, as this isn't a PICTURE...but a VIDEO :D!

Thanks to Tyll, for the recommendation:

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #4,203 of 7,509
Nice video, Totally Dubbed.
I actually used the transparent low profile one 3M Dual lock SJ4570 and thats how thin it is and how it looks . I pair this with my Samsung Galaxy S. I think that's the future of portable rigs. All rigs will be sleek and without straps and bands to cover the front of the DAP or its screen if it's big

Mar 23, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #4,205 of 7,509

Quote:
How does it sound w/o the amp? I have the GR07s and will be getting a J3 sometime soon.

Well, at the beginning, the Gr07s were extremely sibilant. It wasn't an enjoyable experience at all, listening to them with my j3. 
It may be due to the J3s sound signature, which ive heard is considered to be  "cold". There's definitely a spike in the treble...
(Certainly, in comparison to my clip zip/fuze) 

Over time though, as others mention, the sibilance is reduced drastically and the sound becomes very pleasant (in addition to the fact that, as a listener, you get used to them)

I love them with my j3 and have for a while, though i'm not sure exactly when the change occurred (it's been almost a year).

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #4,206 of 7,509

Quote:
I excuse myself, as this isn't a PICTURE...but a VIDEO :D!

Thanks to Tyll, for the recommendation:

This is very interesting. I found some ebay and I'm going to try it. Any idea on how easy it can be removed when you don't want it anymore?

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #4,210 of 7,509

Quote:
This is very interesting. I found some ebay and I'm going to try it. Any idea on how easy it can be removed when you don't want it anymore?

well i can't comment on it being on for a long time, then removing - however when it was on for a short time, and i removed it, it was reasonably easy, and didn't leave any marks.

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #4,211 of 7,509

Quote:

well i can't comment on it being on for a long time, then removing - however when it was on for a short time, and i removed it, it was reasonably easy, and didn't leave any marks.

I've used some 3M double sided pressure sensitive tape years ago. (apparently  it was used to build glider wings) If you pull it away from it'self meaning left or right it comes off rather easy rather than peel it upwards as you would a sticker. I'm not sure how the locking system would allow that.  The longer this stuff stays on / more pressure is applied the better it sticks. Of course this is with large amounts. I think for the size we'll be using it's fine.

I like the low profile one better but damn....it sure is expensive. I'm still considering. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #4,212 of 7,509

Quote:
I've used some 3M double sided pressure sensitive tape years ago. (apparently  it was used to build glider wings) If you pull it away from it'self it comes off rather easy rather than peel it upwards as you would a sticker. I'm not sure how the locking system would allow that.  The longer this stuff stays on / more pressure is applied the better it sticks. Of course this is with large amounts. I think for the size we'll be using it's fine.

I like the low profile one better but damn....it sure is expensive. I'm still considering. 

well for the price I paid, they were WELL worth it - considering rolls of velcro, were around the same price.
The beauty of the Dual lock, is that its FIRMLY holding your amp, and can be detached and re-attached many many times.
Velcro, as we all know, after a while will start to lose its strength 

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #4,213 of 7,509

Quote:
well for the price I paid, they were WELL worth it - considering rolls of velcro, were around the same price.
The beauty of the Dual lock, is that its FIRMLY holding your amp, and can be detached and re-attached many many times.
Velcro, as we all know, after a while will start to lose its strength 

Yeah for sure. I can find a good price on the one you're using around $5 AUS (20cm). It's the low profile one a member has that I can't find very cheap. I think this idea is a revolution to bands getting in the way of screens and what not I wouldn't of known unless watching your video.

Cheers! 

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #4,215 of 7,509

Quote:
Yeah for sure. I can find a good price on the one you're using around $5 AUS (20cm). It's the low profile one a member has that I can't find very cheap. I think this idea is a revolution to bands getting in the way of screens and what not I wouldn't of known unless watching your video.

Cheers! 

No problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back