Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 8, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #4,054 of 7,509

Quote:
My new ultraportable setup, third generation iPod Shuffle and the PureSound ClarityOne IEMs I've recently won in a competition. Sound quality is pretty stellar considering the size, perfect for use at the gym or if I already have too much stuff to comfortably fit my 5G Classic/E17 combo into my skinny jeans. Considering upgrading to the 6th Gen Nano/FiiO E6 combination though, which I've heard very good things about with a LOD.

Nice IEM's dude!

I would try the Fiio E6 for sure with an LOD. it will be a great add on and you can always unpair them when needed. I notice a nice difference with my E5 and L9 LOD running on my nano. gives the overall signature a nicer tone, and you don't feel the signal is struggling like you do without any amp at higher volumes. The E5 - E6 help hold everything together in the sound department. It's well worth giving a go! I think you would be impressed.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #4,055 of 7,509
My Newly arrived RSA SR-71 bought from a Headfier on here:

Main Source: iPhone 4S

LOD: Toxic Cables OCC Solid Silver with mini Viablue plug

Headphones: Sennheiser IE6

All I need now is my CLAS DAC :)

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #4,057 of 7,509

Quote:
^^ Very very nice. I imagine that rig sounds fantastic!

Thanks a lot...yeah it sound pretty dam good as it stands. the sound is a lot more open, has more depth to it and has an increased bass depth. 

I have only tried it with my IE6 at the moment, cant wait to get home tonight and have a go with the Beyerdynamic T70p and the Magnum's.

I was listening to my IE6 yesterday through the UDac2 and thought how dark and enclosed the IE6's sounded....however attaching it to the far superior RSA has changed there sound signature completely, obviously for the better :)

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #4,058 of 7,509
"Rockboxasanapp.apk"

It's better just to set up Archos Donut, Openaos Gingerbread, and Angstrom Linux triple boot. The gingerbread port is really good and really cleans up the SQ just in the normal player.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #4,059 of 7,509
Thinking of upgrading the whole Rig now... just don't know what I should concentrate on 1st, the Headphones, or the DAP and work from there... as my iPod 5.5G DAP appears to be too "Old School" to use any of those fancy HP-P1 or CLAS stuff.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #4,060 of 7,509
iMod that thing, it's not old school, it's actually the perfect school. Get a new battery, maybe a larger hard drive, and a few hundred dollars and get that done

Quote:
Thinking of upgrading the whole Rig now... just don't know what I should concentrate on 1st, the Headphones, or the DAP and work from there... as my iPod 5.5G DAP appears to be too "Old School" to use any of those fancy HP-P1 or CLAS stuff.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #4,061 of 7,509
x2

I have a CLAS rig with 160gb classic and the interface in nicer but 99% of the time (because of the bulk) my go to rig is my 240gb 5.5g Imod with my ibasso P4. Also my bedroom rig. Don't waste the 5.5g ipod, I would do as Kenman345 says and look at a new battery + larger drive.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #4,062 of 7,509
iMod that thing, it's not old school, it's actually the perfect school. Get a new battery, maybe a larger hard drive, and a few hundred dollars and get that done

Who does the iMod and is it possible to get it done if you live in the UK?

I have just found a fundamental flaw in using your iPhone as a music source especially during the day in the office......it's a bit of a faff is you have to answer your phone, especially if I have secured them together with silicon amp bands.

Is there any way of doing a mod that actually increases the sound quality of an iPod?

Mar 9, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #4,064 of 7,509
I think that is probably the best unit of measurement a person could ever come up with for testing audio improvements!

Good Work.

Well done for getting hold of some of this stuff too. Seems like a pretty good price.

Quote:

I managed to lay my hands on 20cm of bulk crystal cable and got my friend to DIY it for me.
It costed me a grand total of USD 82. Retail from stores might cost me USD 315.

Put it this way, when I let my wife ABed the crystal and TWag V1 LOD I had with my rig with EX-1000, she could tell that there is an improvement.
So does that answer your question?

biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #4,065 of 7,509
Is an imod as good as a CLAS?  I love the idea of a 240gb imod but wouldnt have thought it would sound as good as my CLAS rig.  Hopefully someone in Perth has an iMod that I can listen to.

If the P4 is anywhere as nice as the PB2 then it would get my vote too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back