Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 6, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #4,036 of 7,509

Quote:
new clip zip, new westone monitor vault.

this rig is complete.  It sounds as good as my full LCD-2 desktop rig, and I dont anticipate changing it for a long time.

Even if you don't use any EQ, I'd recommend Rockbox for the battery life improvements......especially if you plan on using FLAC files on there.

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #4,038 of 7,509
Sorry about bad quality. Didn't feel like getting my actual camera out so just used my phone.

Archos 48 500gb(Gonemad Music Player) -> V-Moda M80/Meelectronics M6

I don't understand the bad wrap this archos gets. At times it can be an exercise in patience, but it's pretty solid actually.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #4,039 of 7,509
Quote:
new clip zip (rockboxed of course), new westone monitor vault.

this rig is complete.  It sounds as good as my full LCD-2 desktop rig, and I dont anticipate changing it for a long time.

Awesome looking rig! Is a case really necessary though? Through years of self-imposed behaviour modification, have trained myself not to store portables in same pocket as coins and keys etc. Clip line does not have a big touchscreen, so...?

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #4,040 of 7,509

Quote:
Sorry about bad quality. Didn't feel like getting my actual camera out so just used my phone.

Archos 48 500gb(Gonemad Music Player) -> V-Moda M80/Meelectronics M6

I don't understand the bad wrap this archos gets. At times it can be an exercise in patience, but it's pretty solid actually.

I'm not familiar with that player but 500gb on the go would suit me for sure. Whats battery life and SQ like?

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #4,041 of 7,509

Quote:

Awesome looking rig! Is a case really necessary though? Through years of self-imposed behaviour modification, have trained myself not to store portables in same pocket as coins and keys etc. Clip line does not have a big touchscreen, so...?

thousand dollar IEM's dont go in your pocket :wink:

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #4,042 of 7,509

Quote:
How does the UM3X sound with the Office Rig? (T51,  D2+,  UM3X)?

Pretty good. When I bought the D2+, it was actually to match the UM3X. As there are no local stores here that have this kind of stuff, I had to choose just by the info on the internet. It was a good choice, probably the best I could have made with my budget at the time...

And unlike the Fiio E7, the iBasso D2+ can actually handle the T51s line out level...

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #4,043 of 7,509

Keeping it old school here while I've been messing around with different DAP's recently.

Rockboxed Ipod Mini 1st Gen, 4GB - Refurbed with 1300ma battery - Fiio L9 - Fiio E11 - SoundMAGIC E10

Ipod Mini 2nd Gen, 4GB - soon to be upgraded to 16GB CF Card and rockboxed (work in progress) 

Ipod Nano 1st Gen 2GB.

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #4,044 of 7,509

Quote:
I'm not familiar with that player but 500gb on the go would suit me for sure. Whats battery life and SQ like?

Being that this was my first day, and I was curious too. I kept it on dimmest settings and decided to see how it does Idle. It also features a menu that shows which applications use teh most battery life. So It Idled 8.5 hours and played music approximately 2 hours straight. There was still ~30% battery left. So of the 70%, ~80% of that 70%(if you understand what I'm trying to say) was used by it idling and ~12% of the 70% was used for music. The rest was used by the display and background apps.

When I say _% of _% I mean the percentage of the percentage of battery used.

I have no complaints with sound. The stock player is good, supports nearly every file under the sun(so yes, pocketable 500gb player that supports FLAC), but the EQ was severely lacking so I use an app called Gonemad Music Player. It's constantly being improved(the dev put out a new open beta yesterday, google) and you can get it as a .apk from his website directly or through marketplace. It supports up to a 10 band equalizer, but this obviously uses a lot of cpu. I have it on 5 or 6 band right now without any stutter with 320kb/s mp3.

Also:

Yea...rockbox. Still fiddling with it a bit though.

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #4,045 of 7,509
Neat settups. Looks pretty good, I want to build one as a back-up rig but the wallet really just wont let me at the moment haha

Quote:

Keeping it old school here while I've been messing around with different DAP's recently.

Rockboxed Ipod Mini 1st Gen, 4GB - Refurbed with 1300ma battery - Fiio L9 - Fiio E11 - SoundMAGIC E10

Ipod Mini 2nd Gen, 4GB - soon to be upgraded to 16GB CF Card and rockboxed (work in progress) 

Ipod Nano 1st Gen 2GB.

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #4,046 of 7,509

Quote:
Also:

Yea...rockbox. Still fiddling with it a bit though.

500GB of Rockboxed FLAC goodness... *brain explodes* How is the sound quality with the stock firmware and headphone out? Do you have the docking station with the line-out connector? This might very well be my next portable player

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #4,047 of 7,509

Quote:
500GB of Rockboxed FLAC goodness... *brain explodes* How is the sound quality with the stock firmware and headphone out? Do you have the docking station with the line-out connector? This might very well be my next portable player

Fairly decent using the built in music player. I use GoneMad for its EQ. No to the docking station

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #4,048 of 7,509

Quote:
Updated travel rig. 
Ipod Classic 80 > FiiO LOD, RSA P-51, AKG K450 with Palic/braided custom cable (by Kayzee Cheung)

Can the K450 added with amp???
basshead.gif

AKG said that the maximum power input only the 30mw Max.
Don't you worry about that?

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #4,049 of 7,509

Quote:

Ipod Nano 1st Gen 2GB.

Quote:
Neat settups. Looks pretty good, I want to build one as a back-up rig but the wallet really just wont let me at the moment haha

Thanks, I've ordered a genuine Arctic iSkin cover for the mini to pimp it up! I was actually given both mini's with faulty battery's. It's not a bad player but I still think the nano seen in the photo sounds better. Just a bummer about the nano storage limit. I have a Sansa Clip+ coming soon too with an Fiio L2. It's all hands on deck for DAP's atm here. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #4,050 of 7,509
My new ultraportable setup, third generation iPod Shuffle and the PureSound ClarityOne IEMs I've recently won in a competition. Sound quality is pretty stellar considering the size, perfect for use at the gym or if I already have too much stuff to comfortably fit my 5G Classic/E17 combo into my skinny jeans. Considering upgrading to the 6th Gen Nano/FiiO E6 combination though, which I've heard very good things about with a LOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back