Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #4,006 of 7,509

Quote:

My super-portable rig. :D
Sansa Clip Zip > Custom DIY interconnect > FiiO E6 > VSonic GR07

After adding the E6, my very first amp, and the interconnect, i think it sounds amazing! :D

I have a similar setup... Clip Zip + E5...

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #4,007 of 7,509

Quote:
forgive me. other than the full sized beyers i dont usually look at portableds. what are those? DT1350's? T series?

Dt1350, which sound amazing, to me, they sound pretty much like full cans, and better than some. the level of detail is astonishing. I can hear the plucking of the bass on diana krall tracks. Something I have not heard before.

I would love to try that one one day. For now this is doing what I hoped it would which is all the attributes of my ER4S but with a little more bottom end and warmth. What has surprised me is that the edge out the ER4S for detail retrieval. Very very impressive I find in that respect. Still not a bass heads IEM though I feel which is fine with me. Wonderful with stringed instruments as well and Piano has amazing timbre with these I am finding.

Oh, well the FI-BA-SS makes the Heaven - S sound muddy. I kid you not. :wink:

@Crenshaw, What case is that?  I really likey!

Its the Hippo Amp Sack. Basically its modular Ballistic Nylon flaps and stuff that you change around to fit your set up. 

I really dig that case. If I owned an iPod classic, I'd have to hunt one of those down. It'd be cool if, where ever you bought that from, made a similar case for the Sansa Fuze. Same-ish form factor.

the beauty of it is that its got velcro everywhere. If you stuck some velcro on your fuze, which I did with my Clip+ before getting the classic, you can stick it between those flaps. The Ipod is in what amounts to a sleeve with a velcro back. 

sorry for the crappy pictures, not enough light, so i just used my Surefire C2 with Fivemega bi-pin adaptor and some lamp I forget the name of. yes I have a few hobbies :wink:

As far as I know thats pretty much the only case like it in existence. I bought it from Jaben here in singapore.  If you guys really want to get one, shoot me a pm, I can maybe possibly try to help you procure one, no promises though. :)

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #4,009 of 7,509

Quote:
Great looking set-up's you have got. I love the Beyers. I had not heard of Go Vibe until I got my Heavens. Dimitri gave as a gift the GoVibe mini USB Dac. How do you find the amp?
I can highly recommend the SR71-B by the way. So much power and control and such a natural presentation.

I am absolutely loving this amp. The place I go to, Jaben, in singapore, has the biggest selection of amps I've come across so far. The GoVibes tend not to cost as much as some of the other brands, but are still extremely high quality. I started on the martini, (small 2xAAA amp), then moved to the Magnum (9v,3 level Gain, DAC, bass boost circuit), and now I've just upgraded to the Vulcan+ (2 x 9v, impedence switch for IEMs, Treble boost, 3 level Gain, Cross feed, Bass boost circuit). I know purists will insist the less features, the less to get in the way of the sound, but I like being able to change it on the go. There is also a Vulcan ++ model which comes with a DAC, but I couldnt justify the extra cost when I do my listening almost exclusively from my ipod.  The amp itself is powerful enough to properly power 250 ohms (no sweat). It managed to power the HD800, but I didnt listen long enough to hear if it was well powered. 

I did get to try the SR71B, very smooth, beautiful sound, but way out of my budget for now. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #4,013 of 7,509
Mar 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #4,015 of 7,509

Quote:
Are those the W series form AT? Are they still availble? How much were they?

ATH-WS55, with tax came to $106 off Amazon.com. A good deal, I think.
L3000.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #4,016 of 7,509

Quote:
yeah, i love my setup including my GR07s too! everything you see here costs less than a J3,be it 16GB or 32GB. xD

Not that I want to turn this into a Vsonic's thread, but I too love my GRO7's.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #4,017 of 7,509
I am having them rewired with TwCu to maintain the bass but in a balanced configuration to run from the new ALO Rx3 and from the iBasso PB2.  It will be terminated with the Hirose connector to enable connection to the ibasso.  I am also have two short adaptor cables made up which will have the Hirose at one end and then stereo mini on one cable and RSA balanced on the other.

I have done the same with my Whiplash TwAg V2 as well so that I can also run by JH16's from any amp so long as it has either 3.5 mini, Hirose or RSA connectors.

Hopefully running the cans balanced will help with some extra dynamics and also spaciousness.

Quote:
who re-wire DT1350 for blanaced? are you plan using it with desktop amps? (or SR-71B?)

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #4,018 of 7,509

Quote:

Its the Hippo Amp Sack. Basically its modular Ballistic Nylon flaps and stuff that you change around to fit your set up. 

the beauty of it is that its got velcro everywhere. If you stuck some velcro on your fuze, which I did with my Clip+ before getting the classic, you can stick it between those flaps. The Ipod is in what amounts to a sleeve with a velcro back. 

I can attest to how brilliant these cases really are. If you have an iPod Classic and a medium to small sized amp, these cases are simply the bee's knees.
Having sold off my small amplifier for a HP-P1 and moved my iPod into a Yotank case, my Jaben case has become a bit superfluous but I'm still hanging on to it as it makes for a very nice small package and there really is nothing like it out there.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #4,019 of 7,509

Quote:
Dt1350, which sound amazing, to me, they sound pretty much like full cans, and better than some. the level of detail is astonishing. I can hear the plucking of the bass on diana krall tracks. Something I have not heard before.

Oh, well the FI-BA-SS makes the Heaven - S sound muddy. I kid you not. :wink:

sorry for the crappy pictures, not enough light, so i just used my Surefire C2 with Fivemega bi-pin adaptor and some lamp I forget the name of. yes I have a few hobbies :wink:

As far as I know thats pretty much the only case like it in existence. I bought it from Jaben here in singapore.  If you guys really want to get one, shoot me a pm, I can maybe possibly try to help you procure one, no promises though. :)

why not use something like the FiiO L9 or something with a more..close tight fitting fit? some people have Chagrin's with FiiO cables for their top line rigs so why not make a tight fitting cable yourself or something? that..just sticks out

Mar 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #4,020 of 7,509

I have my Ampsack set up with a large DIY iMod Vcap dock in the amp pocket, and a Headstage Arrow outside that pocket strapped in with a bit of Velcro so it doesn't slip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back